Chapter 17

Z(A/N: so this part of the story, instead of the same day as from the anime ( i think? ). This part would take place a day later. So with that out of the way. Let's get into it.)

March 6, 2042

Beacon Academy
Ozpin's Office

Ozpin sat in his office, nursing his mug and ruminating on the recent events of the morning. Glynda's report had left him uneasy. Suddenly, a three-way call came up on his monitor with Vale's kingdom council and Ironwood.

"Ozpin? Ozpin!"

"Yes, councilman," said Ozpin, swiveling in his chair.

"You've left us with no choice! The Vytal Festival Tournament cannot be broadcast, let alone held, if we are unable to ensure the safety of the citizens. Therefore, we have reached out to the Atlas council and together have decided that the best option is to appoint General Ironwood as head of security for the event."

"Thank you, councilman," said Ironwood. "Our kingdom is happy to lend as many troops as it takes to ensure that this event runs as smoothly and safely as possible."

"And we thank you, General."

"Will that be all?" asked Ozpin with a slight edge in his voice.

"For now," warned the councilman. "But, We received reports that there is a new military force currently stationed at the port with soldiers wearing green camo and with a whole variety of weapons. We heard that they are so called, 'United States Marine Corps' from the 'United States of America'. They said that they just 'found' Vale under attack and were ordered by their commanders to help us."

"Yes, we heard those reports. These so called 'Americans' were also the ones bombing the Grimms during the breach." Ironwood said. "But for now they said that they are here to 'give help'."

"As they have said, they are here to help. Not for conquest." Ozpin said as Ironwood look in  disaproval. "So, for now at least, we must walk in a diplomatic aproach as to not provoke them."

"Alright, Ozpin you will be the diplomat to the Americans and see if they are here with peaceful intent." then the councilman then left the call.

"Do you have any idea what you are doing?" Ironwood said. Ozpin look towards the General.

"Yes, and is to keep Remnant from going to another war. And avoiding any sort of hostile tensions between our governments." Ozpin replied. Ironwood, hearing Ozpin's reply, said.

"This can very well be a move that you'll regret."

"A move that can potentially give us another strong ally." Ozpin remarked.

"Ozpin, I trusted you for so long, i don't know if i can trust you in the future." Ironwood said.

"Then, if you truly trust me, then let me do this." Ironwood then calls off.

At an airship, Ironwood stands aa he looks towards Ozpin's tower.

"Ozpin, you better know what you are doing." He said. "I don't know how long I can trust you with everything."

He turns towards the dock, now filled with USMC and USN personnel. Also docked, are ships from the US.

 Also docked, are ships from the US