07 - "Spanish Project"

This is the only NSFW warning I'm giving for the entire book, please bear that in mind!

The weekend had rolled around quicker than you expected it would. Due to the copious amounts of work you had to do mixed in with the sneaking around with your new lover, you felt that a good rest was in order.

However, when you got down in the morning to go and get yourself some breakfast, you were told by your dad that your Saturday was going to be spent at a nearby market. You knew exactly why and that was because of your argument with Law: Rosinante always liked to do something with the both of you to try and keep you from hating each other.

So that was exactly why you were stood around in the middle of a square, in the middle of the bustling and crowded stores, with your dad and your brother. The day was much nicer than other previous, the sun out and shining above. It looked to be that your father was happy with his choice, idly browsing whatever came about. There were even some colleagues of his who stopped for a chat, one of which you hadn't actually met before.

"Spending your day well, Rosinante?"

The old man was stupendously jolly, a wide grin spread right across his face. He wasn't just old but tall too, extremely built for his age and had a hearty laugh. Your dad nodded his head and gestured in the direction of the both of you, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple.

"Yeah, just trying to get the kids out, you know?"

His colleague's dark eyes travelled over to Law first, your older brother poking around some kind of old apothecary stall. They then gazed off towards you, who was simply leaning up against a nearby wall, completely tuning out of their conversation and staring down with a smile at your phone.

Apparently amused by your distant behaviours, the grey haired old man laughed, patting Rosinante on the back hard enough for him to jolt a little. You could see Law cringing from the corner of your eye, clearing wondering if your dad would fall over or not. Luckily he didn't and they continued on with their conversation, leaving you to continue to text away.

Text Shachi, of course.

You had previously sent him a few pictures of a small orca statue for sale at one of the antique stalls, finding it funny that you discovered it so blatantly when the animal was his namesake. From there, you got sucked into a rhythm of talking to him on and off throughout your journey within the city square.

Once upon a time, you loved weekends. They were the days where you could just relax, sit around and do nothing but take a dip in the pool or hot tub. Now, they only served as the days in which you didn't get to see your lovable redhead - meaning you disliked them. It wasn't like you could just go out and see him or let him come over just because of you, for obvious reasons. That was one issue, and the fact Law was with him and Penguin the majority of the time was another. The bigger one, even.

Except, as you overheard your dad and brother talking, you found a little opening in that loophole.

"Are you going to be around later?"

Law looked over at Rosinante as the tall blonde stood behind. Both men were viewing a very wide array of meats and cheeses, clearly talking about dinner. Always dinner, somehow.

"No."

Your brother's raven hair shook when his head did, his eyes falling back onto a particularly large chunk of beef. For some reason, a grimace overcame his face like that food reminded him of something, his nose scrunching up.

"I have to go over to Monkey D. Luffy's house. I got lumped in with him for science and we have a small project to do."

Your head slowly raised.