01 - Babysitting

Packed was very much an understatement.

The massive estate could easily hold a good five-hundred across the whole plot and was completely bustling. In fact, there were so many cars that Penguin had an almighty struggle to find a parking spot. Though the driveway was so grand, you would've mistaken it for some kind of castle entryway.

"Woah..."

Your jaw practically dropped to the ground as you stepped out of the car, blinking owlishly at the scene before you.

Penguin hopped out of the driver's side next to you, a big grin on his face as he shared the same view.

"Well, that's quite a sight."

He then put both hands on his hips and turned to you, his eyes flickering over your form once again. Maybe his gaze did linger a little on the small amount of cleavage he could see, your head bobbing as you absentmindedly agreed with his statement.

"Uhuh."

As you started strolling forward, you continued to gaze up at the estate with sparkling eyes. From behind you there was a slap as Shachi hit his friend around the head, understanding his double-meaning from before. But you didn't take notice, carrying on. Nothing was going to ruin your night, not even their petty bickering.

"Dude, stop. Don't be like that. We're only here to make sure she doesn't get caught up in some random bullshit, not flirt with her!"

The brunette pouted at the redhead's hushed hiss, rubbing the back of his now-sore head.

"Oi, I was talking about the party..."

"(Y/n), I'm so glad you could make it!"

At the call of your name, both men turned their eyes back towards the huge front door. They could see a couple of familiar faces ambling over towards you, who was far ahead, greeting you with excitement.

"Hey, Nami!"

Warmth enveloped your body as your redheaded friend pulled you in for a hug, her arms wrapping around your neck. She was stood alongside Usopp, who smiled kindly as Nami then held you at arm's length. Her eyes scoured up and down your body and seemed to light up, her hold on your shoulders tightening in excitement.

"Woah, you look so good! Is that make up?"

You patted at your cheek bashfully as she looked a little closer, snickering.

"Yeah, I thought I would put some on."

"You've done a damn good job..."

There were a few silent seconds of your friend gazing at your light artwork before she pulled away fully, your direction of focus landing on Usopp. Your lips curved into a small and curious smile as he frowned for some reason, clearly trying to figure something out.

"You alright?"

You copied his look.

"Yeah, I was just wondering,"

The curly haired and tanned male glanced over his shoulder, and then yours. It seemed to be like he was looking for something, someone at that.

"How in the hell did Law let you come to this alone?"

That would be an obvious question, considering you were standing by yourself at current. You were ready to speak up and explain that you weren't alone, when a hand fell onto your shoulder from behind.

"He didn't."

Both Nami and Usopp gazed over your shoulder, noticing the two men behind you. Shachi was stood a little further off to the side while Penguin was towering behind you, a firm grip on your shoulder. You cringed slightly at the thought of looking like you were being babysat, glancing up at Penguin's pearly grin with a pout.