chapter 5- i will forever protect you

Recap:-
Manik follows nandu to her orphanage manik thinks she can be related to pari but him being stupid waves that thought off.
Pari starts walking towards the mansion with manik following her when a couple of guys starts taunting her about the marriage. Manik beats the shit out of the guys and they head home.
Manik wonders how the outside world got to know about the contract Marriage.
Manan share a moment.
__________________________________________________

"what are you looking at? i may not like you but i don't like people messing up with what's mine."

she had an astonished look on her face. as soon as i got to know what i said, i quickly created space between us which unknowingly i had finished and said  " i..uh..yeah i have to um go"

and then i went to my study. as soon as i was inside, i sat on my chair and covered my face with my hands ans closed my eyes. but the only thing that came to my head was a similar pair of doe shaped eyes.

Now back to the story:-
__________________________________________________
*MANIK'S POV*

As soon as I entered my study I started walking to and fro in my office. So many things were going on in my mind. How did everyone got to know about the contract Marriage? Why did pari became numb? And I had to talk to her too. But most importantly how did I let myself slip?!

I mean I know she is attractive and looks like my nannu and her way of singing, talking,  everything resembles her.

Before I could think more the Bluetooth earpiece that me along with my every mafia members wear in case of emergencies like today beeped signaling an attack has been made on us.

I quickly grabbed my gun, knives, and extra bullets and while going out called my best friend cum brother and also second in command and he picked up the call, hissed and said in a rushed hushed voice "manik the attack has been made by hardhad's gang. It is on the east side of the mansion come fast the girls are out shopping and our men had gone for a mission so only me, abhi and dhruv are here with pari. come fast we have very less bullets left with us."

And with that he hung up. No no no God this can't happen the boys and pari are in danger. You see all the mafia related things and my study is in the west wing while the main house is in the east wing. But If harshad wanted my mafia why did he attack in the east wing?!

I immediately went in the east wing and saw the guys and pari firing bullets on hardhad's gang. Wait. Pari?! Omg this girl is full of surprises.

The four of them were in circle and firing in all the directions. I am not going there to fight because there were only 3 left from  hardhad's gang and judging the guys and pari, they can easily take them down.

Cabir was about to say something to pari but all of us heard car horns which meant the girls were here. Pari shouted at the guys to go to the girls because we saw from the GPS tracker which was on the TV that Harshad along with few of his men are approaching the girls.

Now the girls are cable enough to take down 100 men but they must not be having any guns with them so they need some sort of protection.

The three guys, seeing cabir, dhruv and abhi going towards the gate tried shooting them but pari was fast enough and shoot all of them before they could do anything.

As soon as the guys left the mansion I started making my way to pari  while she on the other hand was looking around the room probably finding any other man who might be hiding.

I immediately hid behind a pillar which could hide me so she won't be able to see me. I want to test her awareness. Let's see if she can sense me or not.

So when she was not looking in my direction I quietly went towards her.  When I was a few steps behind her she sensed me and quickly turned around.

When she saw it was me, she sighed in relief but soon her face changed into a one of panick and she rushed to me pushed me aside and a noise of two gunshots and one body falling on the ground was heard.

I quickly turned around and saw pari lying on the floor with her stomach bleeding and a guy from hardhad's gang clutching his wounded thigh.

I quickly registered what must have happened and took my gun out and shot the guy right in between his eyes.

I was shocked. Pari saved me from being killed. A whimper brought me out of my thoughts and I immediately turned around to see pari standing there with the support of the sofa clutching her stomach and fab4 along with navmanyu standing on the entrance of the mansion with shocked and sad faces.

I saw pari loosing her balance so without thinking anything I rushed to her and held her in my embrace.

She looked at me holding her, smiled and said "don't feel guilty. I fulfilled my promise." Ans with that she fell unconscious.

I immediately shouted "cabir gaadi nikaal!" (Cabir get ready with the car!)
And picked her up bridal style and rushed towards the car with my friends following me close behind.

The whole way to the hospital an unconscious pari was in my lap with a cloth pressed against her wound to prevent bleeding.

Everyone was in their own thoughts. While mine was consumed with panick and guilt because there can be a Chance of not being able to save the brave girl lying on my lap.

Unknown to him, he had already  started having a sweet spot for pari. His heart kept whispering a little whisper give her a chance, true love still happens but his mind said otherwise.

I stared at her face and the words she said "don't feel guilty. I fulfilled my promise" I don't know how but she somehow knew I would feel guilty. Because no matter how much I hate a person, but as far as they are innocent, I can't let them get hurt. Is she truly an angel she looks like to be or it's just a facade?

And regarding the lines "I fulfilled my promise" I can't help but think about Me and nannu. There was one time when I hated violence. While nannu, my nannu loved standing up for herself and her loved ones. One day:

Flashback
I had come to the orphanage and saw nannu fighting with one of the naughtiest boys of the orphanage, Aman.

The caretaker somehow made them separate and after giving them a scolding along with making them understand that was wrong me and nannu were sitting on the swings with her on my lap.

I turned her around and said "why were you fighting with him my jangli billi? (Wild cat)

She huffed kept her head on my shoulder and said "see na mani he was calling you darpok (coward) so I had to teach him a lesson. I did right haina?"

I chuckled and kissed her forehead and said "yes nannu you did right. But tell me one thing. When we grow up, and if a boy like Aman comes and makes fun of me, will you help your Mani?"

She kept both of her small hands on my cheeks and said "of course my mani I will even take a bullet for you. I will forever protect you."

Flashback ends