Chapter 13

A week later

Lin POV

"Lin hurry up! We have a reservation for 6:30 and we can't be late" Groff says from the living room. He's been stressing all day about this fate, I don't know why. We go on dates all the time. He said to wear something nice though so I guess it's special.

"Okay okay im ready" I reply as I walk out of the bedroom, he smiles and takes my hand then starts walking out. When we get in the car and he starts driving I look at him. "Baby why are you so nervous?"

"I'm not nervous, we just need to get there on time... I planned this out, we arrive at 6:25 so we have time to walk in and we'll be right on time for our 6:30 reservation, and we'll finish about 7:30 maybe 8 depending on how long the food takes and how long it takes to order and how long we talk and eat for, then we go for a walk down the beach, we'll talk then be home by 9- 9:30" he explains while he drives.

"Jon you are clearly nervous, I don't think you even know what time we're supposed to be at work so why are you so worried?" I ask.

"I'm okay baby don't worry" he smiles at me and kisses my hand. I nod slightly and smile.  We arrive at the restaurant and both walk inside. 

When they're walking on the beach

Me and Groff walk along the sand hand in hand, he's relaxed a  bit but still seems kinda nervous. "Uh Lin hold up a second" he stops walking and stands in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I look at him confused. He reaches into his pocket and grabs something but I can't see what it is.

"Yeah, uh Lin I love you so much, you're my whole world, I really don't know where I'd be without you, you've always been you best friend and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you" he opens a small box with a ring in it and gets on one knee. I gasp and put my hand over my mouth "so Lin Manuel Miranda will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes omg yes!" I exclaim as tears run down my cheeks. He smiles and puts the ring on my finger as he stands up.  I smile and kiss him passionately.

He kisses me back and smiles. I look at the ring and smile more "I love you so much" he looks at me. I look up at him and jump on him.

"We're getting married!" He laughs and holds me. I kiss him again "I love you so much!" I can't stop smiling. "Aw baby was this why you were so nervous the whole night?"

"Yeah kinda" he admits and I laugh. "Well I didn't know if you were gonna say yes"

"Groff I'm literally like the most clingy boyfriend ever how could you think I wouldn't say yes?" I smile.

"I dunno" he smiles and kisses my cheek "but I'm glad you did"

"Well I'm glad you asked. Now come on I wanna go home and celebrate" I jump off him and lead him back to the car.

"You sound excited, what are we doing to celebrate?" He asks as he starts the car.

"You." I giggle. He blushes slightly and I laugh. He quickly starts driving home "we'll now who's excited?" I joke

"Oh shhh" he rolls his eyes sarcastically. I smile and text Anthony and the cast telling them we got engaged.

Later that night

Me and Groff were cuddling of the bed with a blanket over us. I look up at him and smile "I love you"

"I love you too, and I can't wait to marry you" he replies as he runs his fingers through my hair. I pull myself closer to him and feel at home.

He's the only person who's ever made me this happy. I love him more than he could ever know. Without him I probably wouldn't even be alive right now, and I certainly wouldn't be this happy. Just everything about him makes me smile, he always knows how I'm feeling even if I don't tell him. He's my person, it's important to keep secrets from him cuz he already knows everything about me. I could think for hours about how much I love him, and I do. He's my whole world.

Word count: 751

A/N- y'all this is the last chapter but plz let me know if you think it needs another one or if the endings bad. I hope you liked this book and thank y'all for all the support.