Chapter 2: Meeting the Neighbors

Maelyne's P.O.V

"I don't think I'm going to make it Mae. I am on the brink of collapse here" Kamil whined behind me as we three climbed yet another fifty stairs up to the managers humble abode.

"We're almost there." The new guy chimed in, stopping for a second on his next step to turn his head and flash an apologetic smile over his shoulder at Kamil.

"That's what you said 100 steps ago." Kamil hissed, letting out a hoarse cough and grabbing onto the railing beside her as she swayed on her feet in exhaustion.

"Kam calm down. It's just a little exercise. " I hushed her, chuckling when Kamil started to break down into fake sobs.

It was my roommates usual tactic. When she was tired she would fake tears and somehow, someone, somewhere in the room would immediately give her what she wanted. It worked most of the time, but never on me. Not for one second. 

"Kam you are pathetic." I said, shaking my head and continuing to follow the guy in front of me who seemed a bit uncomfortable at this point. 

"Mae my gut hurts, my clothes are soaked in sweat, and my feet are numb. I think I'm dying." Kamil coughed, slumping against the railing for support as her legs finally gave out. Her chest heaving like she had just ran the world's longest marathon. 

"Mistress is lazy" Reddic chuckled, the muscles under his shirt flexing as he turned and scooped up Kamil in his arms as we walked up the remaining steps with ease. 

Reaching the apartment, he carefully set her down, the two sharing some sort of unspoken conversation while they stood before the unopened creme colored door.

After a minute they broke eye contact, Kamil crossing her arms and glaring at the entrance before them as the man bent down and pulled a gold key from under the black mat.

"What are you doing?!" I asked with a gasp, eyes widening in shock when he put the key in the doorknob and unlocked it. With that he pushed open the door, a long creak echoing through the mid morning air as it moved towards the wall behind it and hit it.

"Letting us in." He replied, stepping in the doorway in a carefree way.

"Excuse me but shouldn't we knock first before just stealing someone's key from under their mat and busting into their house?! Especially the bosses house" I huffed, and he flashed me a cocky smile in reply.

"I have my own ways of doing things and you have yours. And so far...I haven't had any complaints" he said huskily, sending Kamil a sexy wink.

"Pig." Kamil spat, turning and walking into the room, making sure to bump her shoulder against his as she passed him in the dark hallway.

"Kamil! This is illegal!" I shouted, pulling at my hair with a frustrated scream when she ignored me and continued to walk into the bright living room. The man waited in the doorway, a wide grin plastered on his face while I shifted in my spot, at a crossroad on what to do.

When it was evident i wasn't going anywhere, he stepped out and pulled me in, my body smacking into his rock hard abs as I lost balance and fell into him.

"Off. Now" i gagged on his cologne while shifting in his arms, a gasp leaving my lips when he let out a grunt then moaned in my ear.

"What was that?" I asked as I froze in his arms, feeling concerned as he continued to spasm against my frame.

"Orgasms precious. Your scent unravels me like water of the goddess's. Just. Too. Hard. To resist." he panted in my ear, hot breath caressing my exposed neck as he teasingly skimmed the tip of his nose along my throat.