Chit Chat with Azriel and Cassian (uptaded)

“I mean, he has one eye!” Cassian rolled with laughter. 

“Cass, please stop”, you begged.

Cassian leaned on his elbows, “He has one eye, you expect me to ignore that. Yesterday during dinner, the fake one was staring at me. While his real eye was adoring Elain.” Cassian’s body tensed off and shook on itself, a disgusted feeling had surged through him. 

Your mate has been talking about Lucien’s eye for the last hour. Azriel sat on the other side of the table. His hand pressed against his forehead while he contained his laughter. His shoulder slightly moved, his muscles flexed from the hard work of containing himself. The boys didn't appreciate the intruder in their circle. 

You grabbed your mate’s arm. “Please Cass, don't make fun of him. He has been through a lot. You don’t see me making fun of your scars, huh?”

Cass leaned towards you, his mouth was so close, “That’s because they turn you on.” You felt the redness spread across your cheeks, he wasn’t wrong. Cass pressed himself back against his chair as his hand gripped your thigh firmly. His thumb gently drew a secret pattern as it ignited an inner fire. A side smile appeared on your mate’s face, he exactly knew how you felt. Your core’s fire traveled through the bond, your excitement followed it.

“Besides”, your mate said in a bored voice, ”I earned my scars from epic battles. My efforts and bravery gave me those wounds, I’ll wear them proudly.” You couldn’t help the roll your eyes made. He had a point, that man was proud of his success, earned by such brutality.

“Hey! Don’t you roll your eyes at my brother”, Az said. “Lucien is a coward. Do you remember how he clung to me while we flew after we saved Feyre, all those times where I had to carry him. Cauldron help me, the man had tear stains ” 

You were smiling and shaking your head. He was right, but it wasn’t right to make fun of him. Lucien was a good person, he had made mistakes but Feyre had forgiven him. All of you owned him a chance. It wasn’t as if he was living with you, he was in the mortal lands. Doing whatever he was doing with the two other ones.

“I mean, he was probably crying while his eye was carved out”, Cassian said.

“Cass, my love”, you said as you stood up,” you would cry if someone carved your eye out.” He tried to look like the tough guy. You raised your eyebrows, “Oh really”, you said with a smile while extending a hand in Azriel’s direction, “very well then, Az, my dear, hand me one of your knives. I’ll carve your eyes out, Cass. We’ll see if you can hold your tears. Az  you may hold his hand.” 

Cass laughed and kissed your head, “Okay, okay, my love. I get what you're trying to say. “ You sat back down proudly.

Az was smiling, his shadows twirling around him. He did have a knife in his hands, his eyes filled with wickedness while he peered in his brother’s direction. Your mate eyed him back, a drop of fear traveled down the bond, a laugh escaped your lips. 

Your mate leaned once again back into his chair. “I mean, poor Elain-”, Cassian abruptly stopped after a look from his brother. He sent an apologetic look towards Az. The situation was confusing. On one side there was the lovely Gwyn and on the other was Elain. No one knew what was going on. The only thing  everyone knew was that Rhysand didn’t approve of Azriel going for Elain, a conflict would have been provoked. His High Lord made his opinion quite clear. 

You shook your head and let out a sigh, your mate sometimes couldn’t understand the difference between what he could say and what he couldn’t say. You loved him anyway. He could be stupid sometimes, it made his charm, but when he needed to be the General of the Night Court. He was hot, you were on your knees from the sight.

Cassian cleared his throat and laughed, you earned an exasperated look from Azriel, “I have a better subject, since you don’t want to talk about lucien.” He said the last part while eyeing you. “Let’s talk about Feyre's art!”

Azriel had his legs propped up on the small table. “What to say, what to say”, he said while rubbing his chin. He had a hint of a smile on his lips. You brought your drink to your lips, to hide your growing smile.

On the contrary Cass roared with laughter. He screamed, not holding back, “It’s so ugly!” You immediately spat your whole drink on your mate’s face, his features drained of color.

“Cassian”, you said with a stern voice as you slapped his arm. “It’s her own style, a style that is unknown but it’s special”, you said. You tried your best to remain calm. 

Feyre was your High Lady, but sometimes her art was special. When you didn’t understand the meaning of it, it could be ugly. It even was a bit too much sometimes, you had found one of her drawings once. Rhysand was sprawled on their bed, you were unable to chase the picture away from your mind for a while. Feyre had definitely ended up with the wrong winged male. Not that you minded, Cassian was yours.

“The eyes-”, Cass couldn’t even finish his sentence before he fell on the floor and held his sides while he shook. His laughter vibrated through the walls. 

Az eyed his brother and fell with him. They were both out of air and when they looked into each other’s gaze, they just started to laugh even harder. Soon you were on the ground with them.

As you tried to regain your composure the ground shook. Darkness started to creep through the windows of the mountain house, Shards of glass flew across the room. Cassian’s wings wrapped themselves around your slim body. His arms held you close to his body. Dark shadows danced through the room and covered every inch. A bubble of wrath and stars captured you, Rhysand. His wrath had reached you.

He stepped into your view, his form was shadowed and his face was tight. His wings were out, all his viciousness was a heavy weight on the room. He had heard all your comments.

“Oh oh, the guy is mad as hell”, Cassian whispered. He didn’t really whisper since his voice was so loud. You sent him a look as you choked on a laugh. 

At once all his might fell apart, a grin spread itself on the High Lord’s features. Rhys started to laugh, “Feyre is waiting for me, but don’t ever tell her that I agree with everything that was said here tonight.”

All your jaws fell to the floor. Looks passed between you and the boys.

“I just wanted to make a big entrance”, Rhys said. “Everything is.. well she’s my mate so.. anyways her nudes are perfect. For the rest, I won’t comment”

You all started to laugh and Rhys joined in before leaving. 

“I thought we were toasted”, Azriel said with a smile.

Cassian kissed your cheek and brushed your hair away from your face. “I thought that after 500 years, this was how I met with my end. Quite pathetic for my death.”

“I caught them once”, the boys veered their attention towards you. “I mean while Feyre was drawing Rhys”, you giggled,” that was one interesting position.”

You showed them, the mountains shook with their laughter. You had made a copy for when you needed to black mail Feyre or Rhys.

“Would you like it if I asked-”

You held your hand up, abruptly stopping your mate from saying anything more. “Don’t you dare finish that sentence and say that you could ask Feyre to draw you. The eyes were already traumatizing enough, I don’t need to see that. Real is plenty enough.” Azriel snorted after that comment. “You’ll sleep on the couch if you ask her.”

“Okay, but you’re missing one hell of a show, darling.”

Azriel gave you a look, you returned it. This was perfect, your family was perfect.