Chapter 27 Crimson Roses

~Lorenzo~

It's funny how only one second. One action, one moment can change your whole world.

And for me that was Sunday, August 8th, 2021 at 3:32 pm. The moment where my whole world came crumbling down on me as if it hasn't already. When I first met Beatrice....I saw myself. Myself as a young boy, trying to do everything in my power to make it through the day without breaking down. Without having those tremers and nightmares of my mother's dead body. The way she screamed my name, the way she said she hated me, and that I was at fault.

Which I know is true.

So when I saw Beatrice, I personally just wanted Beatrice out of guilt. I know it's wrong and I see that now but.....

I thought that if I could save her. The way I never could with my sister or my mother then maybe. It would help ease the gaping whole in my heart. That maybe, just maybe. I could finally move on. Not forget but move on but if anything it has only made this whole worse. Not only have fallen in love with my little girl but I have failed her.

Time and time again.

And today I didn't just fail her. I failed everyone.

I fly back into the wall loud gunshots echoing in the room around us. I look down at my chest seeing dark red blood bleeding through. I don't remember getting shot or falling to the floor all I feel is pain, everything is now a blur of pain and heat. I have been shot before but this....
This hurts more then anyone could ever imagine. The feeling of defeat is overwhelming as I frantically try and grab my gun but another gunshot stops me. I loud ear piercing scream rings in my ear as I see Carena fall to the floor. Blood flooding out from the bullet wound in her neck. Her skin pale and her breathing halting.

"Car-Carena!" I scream sobbing before grabbing my gun and trying to get up off the ground but I can't! I can't move!

DAMN IT!

I try to get up but I keep stumbling back down my vision blurred as images of men barging in and blood clouds my vision. I catch a glimpse of Dr. Hyde grabbing Beatrice and ducking behind a turned over counter but Beatrices form was still. Too still. I manage to aim and shoot killing a guy. Whether it was mine or someone elses. I don't know. I try to cock and and shoot once again but once again. I'm to fucking weak as I fade into darkness. Hoping I never wake up.

~Bice~

I tan't breathe. I won't want to either.

It's happening all over again! And i-it's my fault ag-again. But before I tan do anyting I feel someone grab me and pull me behind a counter. I won't know who dis is but....I want tem to weave me and my family awone!
I try to hit and hit and kick tem but dey onwy hold onto me tighter. As if my fighting tan't do anyting. Which it proberly tan't but...

Tiirreeddd

I.....feell...ttiirreedd.

It
Happend
Again.