Evolve

After the ceremony, time just flew by and the days turned to weeks and those weeks turned to months. Shinju was still attached to her sensei's hip and was slowly getting bored each day of the meetings and constant talk of politics.

Her sensei noticed this and decided to have a talk with her. This was a special thing they both shared. When one of them is down the latter would instantly feel it and address the subject to avoid any future emotional build up.

Shinju did throw a lot of tantrums at first and this early approach kept her emotions at bay. Her main reasons for these temper tantrums were due to her ignorance to some things. Things that didn't make sense to her, made her angry.

The woman tied her long orange locks back and  wrapped her night kimono around her slim but built figure, then headed over to Shinju's room. Shinju was on her mattress scribbling and sketching, scraped papers, ink bursh pens and drawings scattered all around her.

"Juju? You got a minute?" Haru said entering and sitting on the mattress, not giving the girl a chance to respond.

Shinju knew what this was and placed her ink brush and paper down, giving her sensei her full attention.

"What is wrong? You aren't happy and I can see that....Is everything alright?" She asked bluntly skimming her eyes over the girl's angsty drawings.

"It isn't much

"It isn't much. These errands and meetings we go on are just so boring. If I sit through another one of the elder's meetings again, I'm going to stab my ear drums with kunai's!" Shinju snapped

Haru wiped a fake tear "Could it be the little bird is finally leaving the nest? Awww~" She cooed and got close crossing her legs and taking Shinju's hands in hers.

"How about you learn some new skills? Taki has a lot to offer, you know? You don't always have to be around me." She says, noticing how some of the drawings weirdly represented the Taki traitor. Shinju needed a distraction from this sudden weird interest.

Shinju pouted "New skills? like what? I thought you said I was elite"

"Well you need some basic medical practice and you still don't know how to summon a creature to aid you"

"Medical shit is lame!! I don't like it" the purple haired girl complained

"These jutsus can help increase your chakra levels and it won't harm you to learn a little first aid. I'll talk to Saito san and see where he can squeeze you in. You can work with the anbu and wardens and guards and even nurses. It will be fun for you. A new task each week. They can teach you a lot of things that I can't. You will be smarter than I am prolly" she smiled

Shinju groaned in defeat and nodded "Fine...I'll give it a try"

And ever since then, Shinju was assigned to many jobs in the village. She started off helping the castle guards organize meetings for the tacticians. Just by listening to their logic and thought process, she learned dirty battle strategies.

She later moved along to help the nurses in the hospitals. First aid was easy but she wasn't cut out to witness the battle wounds and surgeries. She nearly threw up at the sight of a ruptured face and instantly quit.

The girl later on was assigned to transport ammo to the front lines. She was slick and skilled enough to hurry past the enemy shinobi to hand in the carrier scrolls, while guiding other kids into the terrain with her.

--------

"Hmm let me see here leader ship skills, perfect. dodging skills? Excellent. Strategy? Nice. first aid...Sorta! But this is amazing Shinju!" Haru said looking at the reports that the village superiors have handed in.

"Yeah leading that group was pretty fun. I'm actually excited to see what is next" Ju smiled.

Saito chuckled as he entered Haru's office, after hearing their conversation. He handed Haru some files politely and smiled "Might I suggest a new task for you Shinju...if Haru sama would allow it that is"

Haru gave him a sweet smile and nodded "Go on"

"Takigakure recently found an iron mine up south" He started

"Tetsu yama?" Haru asked curiously

He chuckled at her quick response "Some one is doing their homework well" He teased then continued "the mountain is a good source of raw material to create our own weapons instead of buying them from Iwa. Because all the men are at war, I offered a suggestion. We would use the prisoners as our miners and they would do so for free to benefit the village"

Haru smirked "So cold and dark"

His cheek slightly heated up "It almost reminds me of someone I know"

Shinju frowned hearing the flirts fly over her head and she got up "So I am to be working with the wardens?"

"Yes, you can help them delegate the mission and keep things steady. Also you got medical experience now should there be any work accidents" he explained happily

The purple haired girl nodded "I'll go meet up with him then....I mean them. Thank you Saito sama" She bowed formally and headed out.

Haru's smile drops as she leans back in her chair thinking.

Saito noticed "Anything wrong?"

"She has been obsessing over that traitor boy and talking none stop about the incident. It worries me" She confessed

The man adjusted his glasses "I see" he looks at the window in the direction of Tetsu mountain and adds "Well kids in that age become morbidly curious. She is curious because where she comes from insubordination of that kind doesn't exist. She is being exposed to new things and they aren’t exactly ideal but it will help her learn that not everyone has pure intentions. She will know that the world is a dark place"

Haru nods "That is why I worry. My poor Shinju isn't used to this" she says looking down at the files on her desk.