Ceremony

Shinju couldn't stop thinking of what had happened before her eyes. She truned around on her futon frowning as the light outside began to seep outside her windows. It has been weeks now since the incident and adapting to this new village proved to be difficult.

The harsh and sadistic treatments here scared her. Hagikare wasn't this dark or cruel to its people. Haru always said Kakuzu was like Shinju's equal, so if she did anything wrong would she have to suffer the same fate? Can she not trust the same hand that feeds her?

A few weeks ago her sensei proposed they throw Kakuzu under the bus and plead not guilty infront of Hashirama like a bunch of cowards. It was unfair to the shinobi who gave off his entire life to protect the village. Were all shinobis meant to die for their village? What if her life meant more to her than her village? Would that make her a traitor and none honorable? Was it...

"Rise and shine sleepy head" Haru chanted as she was putting on her robe and hat ready to start the day.

This is how things were around here now. The days would rush and her sensei would jump out of bed excited for the new day to begin so she may wow the people of Taki. But today was no ordinary day. Today was the day they would be celebrating since Haru and her will be officially handing the elders their gift and mending the relations between the two villages.

"Today is a big day. We need to go and check the preparations!" She hastily said as the sleepy girl got up from bed pissed off by her sensei's excitement. Shinju just loathed loud sounds in the morning and her sensei did it on purpose to get her up and running faster.

"Come on Shinju! Hurry! Come on! Come on!!"

"SENSEI I'M COMING DAMN IT!!!" she screeched, making the woman laugh and run off to duck for cover from the girl's wrath.

-----------

White and blue pennants stretched from the gates to the main Kage's hall as the building's stairs were covered in sunflower petals all the way to the inside where the Kage and the two elders sat on silk embroidered cushions as the rest of the main clan leaders and their elite shinobi stood in respect.

Shinju tightened the white sash on her waist

Shinju tightened the white sash on her waist. Haru and her were dressed in the official white robes of Hagikure, that hand sunflower patterns embroidered with gold along the sleeves and back, as they walked from the main gates of the village all the way to the kage so they can present their offering.

Shinju followed her sensei while the people of the village watched them wishing the two a pleasent stay at their village, obviously happy of this conncetion between villages. Though harsh, the people were pariots to the bone. Anything that benefits Taki was praised endlessly and anything harming it....would be demolished.

The small patches of light were scattered on the ground. It was like even nature was aware of the bond betweem the two villages, and it surely was a peaceful one.

As the two reached the steps of the main hall Haru lifted her head up high, the small precious chest in her hands wrapped in white silk.

She reached the elders and bowed down formally kneeling down on the ground followed by Shinju.

"Kage sama, in these dark times we the people of Hagikarue offer you this holy gift that was hand crafted by the elders and I for generations. It is our most precious of treasures and today it will be yours to keep" Haru spoke with a clear voice and that was Shinju's que to get up taking the chest from her sensei and walking up to the kage bowing down formally with her head pointed at the ground as she opened the chest infront of Hayase.

Little girls were supposed to do these parts of the ceremony since they were a symbol of purity and new beginnings. Shinju didn't like it one bit but it was tradition.

The Kage motioned for his assistant,Saito, to remove the scroll from the chest with gloved hands carefully and place it into his own.

Shinju then closed the chest and stepped back her eyes still pointed at the ground and sat behind her sensei quietly.

Haru then spoke "The scroll contains a kinjutsu known as Jiongu. It makes the user Indesructuble and almost immortal"

There was low whispers around in the hall upon hearing those words.

"Immortal?" Saito asked curiously

"Yes. The kinjutsu instantly give the user an affinity to all types of elements. Sense you have tried recreating the wood release jutsus we though this may come in handy in times of need. This ability can also instantly heal those around them of physical injuries and physical injuries inflicted on their own bodies"

The elders listened in interest then questioned "And why is such a scroll forbidden? It must have any negative effects no?"

"it does. Once applied the jutsu will have to deconstruct a person's body and build it back up which could be a painful process...and there is also the part where affinities are gained by acquiring the hearts of those who possess it" She expalined

The takigakure elders cringed hearing those instructions but we excessively intrigued. Who knew something this dark would have emerged from the hands of the Sun people. Just like the sun itself; beautiful from afar but dangerous up close.

Saito smiled, impressed by the two girls and gave his kage and the elders a pleased look.

Hayase smirked "I can tell that this scroll is truly something scared and powerful. Takigakure accepts your offer. From this day forward you two and you village will strive in the shadows of the mighty waterfall village.

<Living in the shadows of someone?....how demeaning> Shinju thought but bowed her head in respect

"We thankyou for your kind hearts Kage sama. We will serve Takigakure as we serve our own, for as we enter the village, we obey the village as one" Haru announced formally.