Chapter 2: Allies and Division

Peter walked into a very tall building. Annie, Tony, Billy, Bucky, and Carol were behind him but Annie had all of them turned invisible so they could only see Peter. Peter looked to the woman at the front desk and her mouth dropped.

"Oh holy shit, you're actually taking him up on his offer. Well....I'll just let him know you're on your way up." The woman said and Peter nodded. She then buzzed Peter through as she made a call on the phone. Peter and the rest went through the doorway that opened and it closed behind them just in time. They headed over to an elevator and all started to pile in and just then somebody walked past and saw Peter looking at nobody.

"We all good?" Peter asked and then he saw the guy and looked shocked. The guy started to reach for a radio and then there was a purple glow around the guys head and the guy seemed to forget things and walked away. The elevator door closed and Peter turned his head to the side.

"Annie Mayday Parker....I swear to god, if you pull shit like that again, there's gonna be a problem." Peter warned Annie.

"This a mission Dad, not a playdate. It didn't hurt him. He only forgot the last 30 seconds, so chill." Annie replied bluntly and Tony and Bucky both let out a snort, and Carol and Billy smirked. Billy wrapped his arm around Annie. Just then the elevator doors opened up and they were greeted by a very attractive smiling man in a lab coat.

"Peter, you have no idea how glad we are that you are reconsidering. Follow me." The guy said.

"Thanks Reed." Peter sighed and the two of them started to walk away. Everybody silently followed. Reed opened the door to a lab and Peter knew he had to stall so everybody could enter.

"So, what all does this entail exactly?" Peter asked.

"We can discuss that when we walk in and shut the door. It is an issue of security clearance, as I'm sure you understand considering you have spent so much time with the Avengers and SHIELD." Reed said and as Annie passed Peter she elbowed him so that he knew she basically was saying, "I told you so."

"Yeah I know, I just, I'm kind of short for time. It's not easy running all of Stark Industries on top of being a super hero, on top of adding more to the plate to begin with." Peter explained and he knew that the rest of the heroes had entered.

"Well then let's not keep you waiting, please." Reed motioned for Peter to go in and Peter nodded at him respectfully and walked in. Reed closed the door and Peter saw that there were three others, not in lab coats, but in super suits. Peter nodded in slight surprise.

"You never told me you guys were super heroes." Peter sighed and Reed nodded.

"Well, even combined, we're nothing compared to you, or the Avengers. And rumor has it, that nobody is as strong as your daughter." Reed said and Peter turned to him.

"Excuse me?" Peter became suspicious.

"I assure you the last thing I would ever do is threaten your family. I remember seeing her on the news and some people have reported to have seen her in other states." Reed explained.

"How did you REALLY find out she was alive?" Peter asked.

"I didn't. I had a theory, and knowing you the way I do, I know you would have taken that opportunity to protect her and hide her. She was genuinely gathering so many enemies simply because she was strong, and I would have done the same thing and I don't even have a kid yet." Reed replied and Peter nodded.

"Well, if you're being honest with me, then it's time I be honest with you." Peter said and Reed raised his eyebrows. "Annie." Peter sighed and Annie removed her spell and Reed looked shocked. Reed then looked to Peter.