prologue.

000 ⎯⎯ the new job

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━"𝐍𝐈𝐈-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘!"
Teru looked up from the papers on his desk, his bedroom door flying open. Tiara ran in, bouncing up and down as she dragged her mokke. 

"Hurry hurry! Pancakes!" She threw her hands in the air before running back out the room and down the hall. Teru chuckled, standing from his desk and grabbing his backpack before walking down the hall to the kitchen.

"Good morning." He mumbled, Kou looking up from where he was setting the table. A grin lit his face as he pulled off his apron. "Morning Nii-chan!" He took a seat at the table, Teru lifting Tiara into a chair. He then sat down, pulling out his phone as he began to eat.

"You look stressed, is everything okay?" Kou spoke with his mouthful, his older brother sighing. "You know, work."

At this the younger boy perked up, a smile pulling his lips. "You're exorcising another spirit?! Which one this time!?"

Teru smiled at his brothers excitement, taking a bite of his food. "It's actually a spirit that likes to hang around school. Apparently it has the ability to take on a human form and alter memories. However it shouldn't be hard to beat."

Tiara waved her fork in the air, flinging access syrup. "Nii-chan beat them like pow! Pow! Pow!" Teru chuckled, Kou quickly snatching the fork from his younger sister. He sat back in his chair, letting out a sigh.

"Are they actually hurting anyone?" He kept his eyes focused on the ground, Teru giving him a look. "They have in the past and they could do so whenever they wanted. You know this." He stood, clearing the table.

Kou nodded, wiping syrup from his cheek. "Yeah...sure."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Have a good day!" 

Kou bounced, waving as he ran down the hall towards his classroom. Teru smiled, turning down the hall, he felt something bump into him. He glanced down, Kou's friend Nene Yashiro blushing.

"Oh uh sorry Minamoto-senpai." She gave a quick bow, Teru waving it off with a smile. Her friend Aoi laughed next to her, nudging her.

"Wow Nene, you're such a klutz."

Teru looked up, his eyes meeting with a girl's. She was wearing the school uniform with long sleeves and rather than uniform shoes, converse. Her hair was up in a ponytail, a few stray pieces framing her face. And her eyes,

they were a piercing silver. 

The girl laughed, the melodious sound echoing in the halls. "You girls should get to class!" Aoi puffed out her cheeks, Nene looking to the older girl. "Y/N-senpai! You look so pretty today!"

Y/N smiled, patting both girls heads. "Get to class and have a good day." Aoi turned to her, sighing. "Bye nii-chan." She waved, her and Nene starting down the hall. 

Y/N waved them along, turning to go back to her classroom. She eyed Teru as she passed him, a hint of amusement in her eyes. 

"See ya, senpai."

↳ [Edited]
this book is already one of my favs