Detention// Sweet Pea

(Word Count : 329)

As the last bell of the day rang, I would usually be excited and running out the front doors. Instead, I found myself headed towards detention, dragging my bag behind me.

I slouched down on the desk in the back but I didn't find myself to be the only one that got put in this hellhole. A black haired serpent slouched diagonally in front of me. I looked at him and he was staring back at me with a smile. Why?

After 2 hours, both of us were excused to head home.

At the lockers the serpent stopped me, "What got yourself into trouble today?"

"I didn't do my assignments, there's no use in learning about the Civil War." I pushed him away.

"You're that kind of person that likes to push people away and hide your problems right?" He tried to keep up with me as I took the long way out of school, I enjoyed his company even if I didn't show it.

"I like being alone."

"C'mon," he chuckled, "Don't be like that. I'm Sweet Pea."

I stopped and giggled, "Sweet Pea? How did a Sweet Pea get into detention, I would expect you to be delightful."

"Don't be deceived by the name." He smiled.

"What'd you do to get into detention?" I asked him.

"I started a fight."

"You seem like the type." I started to walk again.

"What's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Awesome name, pretty face, sassy personality, quiet appearance. I like it." He smiled.

I blushed, now that was something that would get me to like someone. "A Serpent bad boy, interesting name, hot face and bold appearance. I like it too." I smirked.

He laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow at school then?"

"Maybe more like detention after I skip my morning geometry test." I winked, "See you tomorrow Sweets." I opened the school doors feeling fresh and happier than usual.

"I'll see you in detention too y/n." Sweet Pea smiled.