Chapter- Twenty Three

ROSLYN'S POV:

I couldn't take my eyes off him. There were numerous thoughts storming, few were useless while others made sense. The peace and comfort of mind that I experience when he's close is not something that I can express verbally. It's warm, arousing yet calming, forbidden yet charming, it's everything that's not made for me, it belongs to someone else.

I decided I'll be doing what I do everytime, push him away and get out of all this. I placed my hand on his chest, pushing him aside, but he stood unchanged, strongly. His hardening expressions reveal he knows what I'm trying to do and hence he didn't let me succeed.

"Not this time. " he asserted, stepping close. "I'll not let you leave till we don't sort everything. "

I glanced up at him, at his words.

"That's why I'm leaving, to sort everything"

A line appeared between his eyebrows while he breathed unevenly. He didn't like what I said, I didn't either but it's this way and I can't change it.

"I just want to go back, be that person I was. I don't want to interfere in anyone's life, anyone's relationship. I'm not supposed to be here" my words made him burn in fury. He inhaled sharply, looking away with his arms on his waist and then faced back, snarling,

"I know very well who made you think of all this and now I know what I have to do with them"

I began getting hesitant. What is that supposed to mean? Will he hurt her? I hope not. I faced down, crossing my arms in front of me. Don't worry Roz, everything will be alright once I leave. I'll be away from all this mess I've got myself into. Even though it'll hurt a lot, but for my life ahead, I'll have to.

He tried calming himself down, closing his eyes for a moment and then took my hand in his, asking in his breathy deep tone,

"Where did she hurt you? " his eyes trailed over my arm, worry sparkling through them while he didn't try to hide it.

"I'm good now. " I replied back, not wanting him to worry about me.

"I didn't ask that. Where did she hurt you? "

I tried to catch few glances at him while my head lowered a little. Why he has to be equally stubborn as me? I know he'll not leave till I do what he's telling me to. I breathed in, thinking of a way.

"I'll take it off only if you don't do any funny business" I demanded while turning red.

His looks chaged and he smirked as if amused by something. Putting his hands inside the pockets, he lowered a bit, whispering,

"What funny business sweetheart? Mind to elaborate?"

His hints were clear and made me flush more, covering my head in my arms.
"This. This thing that you do" I puffed my cheeks, walking towards the closet and took out another top with spaghetti straps to change into while he kept that teasing look on with breathy chuckle.

Changing into it, I walked out of the washroom to stumble upon him right in front of the door. He held the door aside while advancing in meanwhile I took steps behind.

Grabbing my arm he inspected it carefully and then flashed a glance at me.

"When did you change this last? " he asked about the bandages on my arm. I went in a little flashback. I don't think I changed it today or probably yesterday. I remember when I put this on I was arguing with Liam and then I got tired and went to sleep and then I woke up for dinner and slept again.

"I don't remember. I think yesterday" I guessed.

He sighed, shaking his head. He went towards the shelf and took out the box. Opening it, he took out another bandage and then faced me.