Chapter -Three

ROSLYN'S POV:

I held Natalie's arm while she led the way to our manager's office out of that crowd. My heart was still pounding because of fear. I was feeling sick and just wanted to go home, even if it takes quitting this job. I need to put myself together.

We reached the door of his office; Nat and I shared a look. I placed a knock on the door with my knuckles. There was no response. Confused glances were shared by us. I knocked again but still no reply. Even though it can be inappropriate, we decided to open the door.

In there, it was all dark as the lights were off. Nobody is here, it seems.
"I think he's not here. " I told her while inspecting around.
"Then let's find him. " she proceeded outside.

Before I turn around to leave, his face appeared right in front of me, making me startle.
"Boss! " I gasped.
He blankly got in and turned on the lights.
"Come in." he ordered.

"I will, even if you don't tell me to because I have something important to tell you. " I mocked, angrily marching up to his table where he sat with his ugly face.

"Do you even have any idea about what's going on in your club? You know what, I'm not even interested in talking about it. You can keep your job and rest. After all you're dumb enough to not take any action against it. " I fumed while taking out all my anger.

"Yeah, if she quits, I'll quit as well. " Natalie agreed with me.
His expressions didn't change for a bit. He sighed, closing his eyes for some time. Maybe collecting his shit together and then spoke,

"Roslyn, I would like to tell you that adequate actions have been taken against him. He won't be permitted in any club anywhere in this town. Even though he was an important customer to us but we had to take this action. Now you must stop arguing and go back to your duty."

As soon as those words left his mouth, I thought I was talking to someone else. How's this even possible? Is he high or something? Did I hear him correct? I couldn't believe my own ears. The fact that he took this case in consideration, calmed down my nerves but increased my confusion rate. Natalie and I were shook by his response.

"Now, would you mind going back to your work, Miss Reed and Miss Campbell? "he asked, looking over at us, sharply.

We headed outside with the same thought in our head. After closing the door of his office behind me, I payed a look at Nat who was deeply immersed in thoughts.

While walking back, she spoke,

"I don't think it was his old ass who took action against that dickhead."

"Yup. His fat belly with no guts can't do this. All he cares about is money." our discussion took a different turn as soon as she remarked,

"I heard Boss was going to be here. "

"I don't know. I haven't seen him ever. How do I figure out? " I replied.

She sighed, shaking her head, as if saying how naive I am.

We both reached the bar and I began with my work again. No matter what, I'm not going back inside that lounge. Not that I'm scared to fight but how I'm supposed to fight a man with a loaded gun in his hand, right on my head? One thing I can conclude is these people are not good.

It's late already and I'm getting late for home.

While I was serving the last request, I felt something missing on my arm. My Bracelet!! It's not there. I can't loose it. Uncle Michael gifted it to me when I turned eighteen. I looked through my pockets and on the floor if I can find it. But no trace of it to be seen. If it fell here, I'm never going to get it. This crowd would have made it dust already.