Poem #1 - That Feeling

That feeling

A feeling that you know first that he is not being replayed the chat with you because you are going to dare to replay him.
A feeling that you are always waiting for nothing.
A feeling that you always depend on someone to notice him at least once.

A feeling to watching and staring at his sweet smiles
A feeling that you will feel sad and then you remember he is STUPID!
A feeling that he makes you feel excited. You, STUPID, are having fun, and just making yourself believe everything is just a dream, and everything is just a joke!

I hope you wake me up.
Yes, it was just a dream,
That feeling

============================================================

Manila, Philippines. July, 04th 2011.

Laurana's POV

Laurana walks to her class with a headset on her ears. "Hey, wait for me!" she looks at Eveline, who tried to catch up with her.

"We almost late, Eveline! Why you were always coming before we almost start the class!?" Laurana asked as she unplugged her headset and glancing at Evelin.

"Are you finished with your assignment?" Eveline took a glance.

"What kind of assignment do we have for today?" Laurana asked.

Eveline looks at Laurana, "Mr. Gonzáles gave us an assignment to make an essay about another country in Southeast Asia." Laurana took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'm finished, what about you?" Eveline did not respond to Laurana's question because they both saw Braydon walking rashly. Laurana and Eveline looked at Braydon, who was walking passing by them. They both stopped talking until Braydon gather with his friend.

"I heard Braydon was dating Aoi." she looks at Eveline and let she continued her words.

"He posted this yesterday on his Facebook," Eveline gave her phone to Laurana. Laurana sighed as she heard a lot of girls screaming from the hallway, "Braydon and Lobak are popular among girls. I wish I can be girlfriend one of them" She rolled her eyes.

Laurana looked at Braydon and Aoi talking until she accidentally tripped to anther student. "sorry," she said.

They get inside the class in time and walked to their desk. "What's wrong with you!? Why were you so quiet today?" They put their bag on the desk, and they were sitting.

"I'm fine, Eveline." She puts her bag on the table, then puts her head on her bag. Gloomy feeling consumes Laurana. She only thinks about what she saw earlier. Aoi and Braydon were dating? She thinks. She can't get rid of the thought about him.

"Are you hiding something from me!?" She rolled her eyes because Eveline was acting annoyed at her.

"Should I tell you everything when I'm not looking good, Eveline!?" Laurana asked. She annoyed with Eveline and they looked at Braydon, get inside to their class and sit next to another classmate.

The bell was ringing, and Eveline still looked at Laurana suspiciously. "Are you seriously fine, Laurana?" Laurana did not respond to her question, she staring at Braydon, who was talking with Lobak.

"I wish I have a courage to tell you my feeling," she said while looking at Braydon's back. She straightens up her body because the class has started.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"You know Taylor Swift and Harry Styles break up." Laurana focused on her food and her thought right now are about a boy who already stole her heart since they were at first grade. She looks at that person, who was sitting in front of her while talking to the most popular girl at their school, Aoi.

She pondered and observed to their interaction. "Laurana? Earth called Laurana!?" Eveline called.

"Yeah?" Eveline looked at Laurana, who was eating her meal nervously.

"Where are you looking at?" She asked. Laurana put her spoon on the table, then stood up.

"I forgot I had..." she accidentally bumped to the Braydon, and she looked at the stain on her uniform.

"I'm sorry," Braydon give his handkerchief to Laurana, "are you okay?" Braydon asked. Laurana did not respond to Braydon's question. Everyone in cafeteria looked at them. Laurana snatched the tissue and ran to the toilet nearby. She locked the door behind her and put her hand on her left chest.

"Wh-what was that!?" Laurana tries to calm her down, "Laurana!? Are you okay?" Eveline asked. Laurana did not answer Eveline's question because she's in her thought. A memory about Braydon looking at her, playing inside her mind like a movie.

"Laurana, open the door!" Laurana shook her head and get back to reality. She opened the door and saw Eveline. Laurana smiled at her.

"I'm fine, don't worry," Laurana closed the door and pondered. She approached the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She rubbed the mirror.

"You beautiful, Laurana." Laurana looked at her back and saw Lobak approached her. "I don't know why you did not confess your feeling to Braydon. He likes you." Laurana stare at Lobak, who washed her hands next to her. Laurana remains silent as Lobak dried her hand with the hand dryer.

"The more you hide, the more the chance is gone." Laurana did not respond to Lobak. As Laurana heard the door was already closed, she looked at herself. She sighed while staring at the mirror and smiled. 

"Everything will be fine. I Texted him after school." She said to herself.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Laurana throw herself on the bed and sighed. She hugged the doll while she staring at the ceiling.

"Laurana? Are you already inside?" Laurana sits on the bed and she looked at her brother. "I have a date tonight. Can you keep my dog?" Fernando asks.

Laurana sighed and looked at her brother. "Why me?" She asked.

Fernando scratching his hair. "Freddy likes you," she looks at Fernando. "How about I will buy you a Super Junior album?" Laurana jumps out of the bed and approach Fernando.

"If you broke your promise, I will tell mom about who you were dating with, deal?" Fernando, who feels annoyed, accepts the deal. Laurana walked to the living room and saw a German shepherd dog.

Laurana put her phone on the coffee table and sit next to the dog. She was waiting for someone to send her message like the other day, but she has second thoughts. "Maybe he has a date," she said. Laurana never has thoughts like this before. She grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.

She watched her favorite music show. MTV Music's chart while she waiting for her prince charming to send a message. 45 minutes passed. Laurana had not heard a single notification from her phone. She picked her phone and opened her BBM messenger. Nothing. Class group dominated her chat she muted because distract her at night.

She's regretting with her actions. She should tell Braydon about her feeling, but it's late now. Braydon already has Aoi. She turned off the tv because she doesn't want to watch it anymore. Her mood ruined. Laurana walked to the kitchen to grab herself a water, then she searching for snacks.

As she opened the fridge, she ran to the living room and looking at the notification. It's not from Braydon. She put her phone back and sighed. She sits on the couch, and lying on the couch with the dog sit on her stomach.

"I thought it was from him. Why do I feel regret now?" She said. Laurana feels gloom consume her again. This time, she feels everything around her laughing at her because of her cowardness. Laurana stood up, then walked to her room. She picked her diary and write what happened today on her desk while thinking Braydon.

"A feeling that he makes you feel excited. You, STUPID, are having fun, and just making yourself believe everything is just a dream, and everything is just a joke! - Jomi "

-August 1st, 2021-

Poem by: Jomi
Story by: kidd17