Poem #4 - If Your Heart is Still Looking

If your heart still searches
Give him a thick glass
Because he did not see anyone else
He won't notice anything else

If your heart wants to be surprised,
With what I can give more,
Maybe nothing. It's just me.
I'm the person you can easily compare

If your heart still searches
Of the drier palm
Of more fragrant breath.
Of a more sensible speaker

It's better to make people laugh
I hope I can just talk to your heart
For me to say, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to fail you."

============================================================

New York City, United States of America January 4th 2017

Allyson walked down the street to the bus stop, while she waiting her bus. She takes off her leather black jacket. "Allyson?" She turns her head to the left, furrowed her brow. "Do you remember me!?" She keeps try to remembering a woman in front of me.

"I'm..." a bus stopped before she could finish her words. Allyson took a deep breath and get inside of the bus and leaving the woman there wondered.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Evening, Dr. Ally!"

Allyson waving her hand, approaching her colleagues. "Ed, what we've got here?" Ed gave her a report about her patient. "Her condition is still the same."

Allyson checked on the report that Ed gave her. "What about her vitals?" Ed nodding his head.

"Why you keep her parents hoping while her daughter... only God knows how to wake her up." Allyson rolled her eyes.

She puts the tablet on the receptionist's desk. When she was about to ask, a man walked over to approach her. "Hey there, Pumpkin!" All eyes looking at the voice source. She smiled as he was walking to approach her with a stethoscope surround his neck. Ed and the other staff looking at each other.

"Dr. Thompson!" He took a deep breath and looking Allyson, who raised her brow.

"See you later, cupcake! Dinner on me!" He said as walking followed another doctor. They did not say a word after he was not within their reach anymore.

"Oh, my goodness, Ally!" Ed and the other staff member covered their mouth. Allyson took a deep breath and exhale through her mouth as she check for another patient. "Someone will use the breakroom tonight."

Allyson shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on! He's your type, right?" Allyson put the tablet, looking at all the staff.

"You right, Sam, but..."

"Probably she doesn't have any interest in male." Said Ed.

Allyson sighed, looking at Ed. She walks away from her friends before they irritate her further.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Allyson put her tray on the empty table. "Hey." Allyson turns her head on her back. "Can I join? This cafeteria is already full..."

"You can." He sits in front of Allyson, observing her face. "What?" Adam, the guy who likes to bother Allyson when she's alone. He shook his head and devour his food.

"Um... you from Texas, right?" Allyson keeps her focus on the book. Nick snatches the book in result of her irritate face. "There's a person in front of you," he said.

Allyson snatches her book back, then closed it in defeat. "You've got me, alright." Nick put her fork, then looking inside her eyes. He knows there's something wrong, but she doesn't want to share. Allyson is a pediatrician. She worked at Julius Caesar's University Hospital.

"What's wrong?" Allyson looking at her friend. "It's because of your patient?" Allyson nodding her head, support her chin.

"What do you think? Am I fine?" She asks.

Adam took a deep breath. He brought his face closer to hers. "Your not okay." Adam take a bite of his food. "Do you want to tell me or..."

"I'm fine, Adam. I just... something bothers me." Allyson opens again her book, but before she does that, a car crashes through the window. Adam and Allyson rashly approached the scene. They saw the driver unconscious, the car emitted smoke, and everyone rashly to get outside.

Allyson standing there, freeze. Her body trembling, the voice surrounding her fade. "Ally!?" Adam tries to call her, but she remains silent. He carried her to the evacuation point. "Ally!? Are you alright?" She stared blankly at the car that crashed.

Flashback on

Allyson holds Julia's hand. "Julia, please..."Julia brushed off her hand.

"I don't want to see you anymore, Ally. I..." Julia tried to breathe. Allyson holds her body, but she keeps brushed her off, walked her way back. Until she doesn't realise that she is already on a street. A car rammed her.

Allyson widen her eyes and covered her mouth. Everyone who watched there, including the driver, approaching Julia's body.

Two weeks later...

Allyson and Nick walking to Julia's grave with a black orchid on her hand. "You ready?" She looks at Nick. Allyson nodding her head, then placed the flower on her gravestone. "Everything between us will be okay, right?" Allyson looking at the Nick's eyes.

Allyson shook her head. "Are you trying to say we're a couple in front of my ex-girlfriend's grave, Nick!?" Nick took a deep breath and gulped his saliva.

Allyson's eye stared to fill with tears. "I regret to know you." Allyson leave Nick alone. She keeps crying under the grey sky, soaked. All the pieces of puzzles fell into place. She realized it after she's nowhere to be found in this world. If she could turn back the clock.

She will choose Julia. Everything was too late. Allyson standing on the bus stop and looking at the quiet street in front of her. All her thoughts filled with her memories of Julia until the day she's gone forever.

Flashback off

Allyson closed the door and leaned her body against the door. She took a deep breath and looking at her picture frame with Julia. A day before she's gone. "Ally, what's wrong?" She puts away the picture, and looked at Ed.

"Nothing." She wiped her tears. Ed pulled a chair, sits in front of her. "I just... missed her, Ed. I don't... want to hurt them in the future."

Ed took a deep breath and looks at the picture on the corner of her desk. "She's the good one, right?" Allyson nodding her head. Allyson and Ed looking at the picture, and she starts to telling him all the memories she spends with Julia in the past. "That's the reason you always reject all the dates?"

Allyson nodding her head. "I..." Allyson try to hold back her tears. "I miss her." Ed put his arms around her shoulder, trying to comfort his best friend.

For me to say, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to fail you." - Jomi

-September 27th-