' 🄴🄻🄴🅅🄴🄽 '

Lolade adjusted her school bag over her shoulders as soon as the school ended. She waited as Nifemi packed her books into her bag. Due to what had happened the previous day, the mothers had told the girls to stop hawking for a while.

Lolade and the others who had gone for the competition had been called out during the assembly and had been commended. The principal was grinding from ear to ear and kept repeatedly hugging Lolade that she felt annoyed. After all the gifts the school had gotten was all thanks to her.

Somehow, Jesse's words the previous day had refused to leave her and she still wasn't able to get her head around it.

Come to her? How was he going to do that?

Fisayo and the other girls stepped into the class while motioning for Nifemi and Lolade to hurry up.

"I'm hungry o" Tolani said as Nifemi furrowed her brows at her.

"Go and buy something then" Nifemi said as she flung her back over her shoulders.

Tolani didn't get to reply but there was a commotion in the school. The students were running while the girls exchanged confused and puzzled looks.

"What's going on again?" Mini asked bored.

"Na them sabi. Abeg let's go" Aisha replied as the girls walked out of the class and started walking towards the gate.

There was a massive crowd of students at the gate and a larger number of the students were females. Fisayo furrowed her brows at the crowd.

"Why is their expression so off?" She asked as Faith walked up to one of the girls and tapped her.

"What's going on?" She asked and the girl turned to her smiling and grinning.

"There are some DRC boys at our gate. We don't know what or who they are looking for" the girl replied as Faith chuckled as she turned to the girls.

"What are DRC boys looking for in our school?" Faith asked as Lolade blinked her eyes rapidly. She of course had heard the girl's reply but she dared not make guesses. Nifemi also turned to her while tilting her head.

"Is it Jesse?" Nifemi asked as the girls turned to Lolade.

"Who's Jesse?" Fisayo asked as Lolade swallowed her saliva.

"Let me check first" Lolade replied as she quickly wove her way through the crowd to the front of the gate before freezing again.

There were indeed DRC boys in front of their gates, three in number but only one of them was familiar to her.

Jesse.

His words suddenly came rushing back to her. 'I'll come to you. Was this what he meant by that?

Jesse seemed to have seen her as well as he turned and waved his hands at her. Lolade swallowed her saliva as she walked towards him, her heart beating crazily in her chest. She had seen him the day before but even now she was still excited to see him.

"Hey" Jesse greeted with a smile as Lolade tried to hide her excitement by wearing a small smile.

"Is this what you meant by you'll come to me?" Lolade asked as Jesse nodded.

"What were you expecting?" Jesse asked as Christopher started coughing.

"You need water?" Jesse asked as Tofi chuckled.

"Its in the car" he replied as Tofi burst into laughter.

The girls had reached where Lolade was standing and except Nifemi who was still wearing a slightly surprised looks. The other girls had unbelievable faces as they stared at Lolade and the boys.