Chapter 5

Alphyne, Andrew and Liel looked at each other and nodded to start their mission and barge in into the hotel and investigate about the woman's information that maybe it has connection about the Katolanon's where about. The night came at the exact time of 7:25 in the evening as the three of them entered the old Sogo Hotel in Malate, Manila. Darkness filled the back entrance of the hotel and sounds of creaking floor can only be heard as they walked towards the dark hallway. Liel used his ability to see through the dark to lead the other two. They don't know about it but Alphyne can see clearly in the dark too, clear as a day.

"Hey do you see anything, Liel?" Andrew asked his companion as he feels like his body becomes heavy like he was starting to feel feverish. They have been walking around the hallways of the Hotel for two hours already but there isn't anything but walls and ceilings.

"I don't see anything suspicious, just the usual construction of walls and ceilings." Liel muttered at he kept walking to nowhere trying to find the shadow that the old woman talked about. Alphyne was just silent as also looking around for suspicious shadow. Andrew's body began to get heavy and his throat has becoming a little scratchy due to the starting fever.

"Hey!" Alphyne suddenly exclaimed making Liel turned to her and saw Andrew slumped on the floor breathing heavily.

"Hey! Andrew! He's running fever!" Liel exclaimed as he felt how hot Andrew's body is. Alphyne helped Liel to get Andrew up and let him sit down on the floor and leaned his body on the wall. Alphyne put out her blanket from her backpack and wrapped it on Andrew's shaking body. She put her left hand on his head and whispered something.

"How can I not notice it?" Liel muttered as he looked at his friend who was shaking and sweating heavily.

"What is it?" Alphyne asked as she noticed Liel who was looking on the floor and thinking too much. She also notice that his eyes were starting get swollen. She also put her hand on his head and whispered something that Liel didn't catch on.

"You have read the book of Kasanaan, right?" he asked making Alphyne nodded in affirmation. They read that one time when Sky and Dawn tour Alphyne around the institute and they entered the library to introduce Alphyne to the books she should read.

"Yeah, I remembered. What about it?"

"It introduces Sitan's information and also his guardians." Liel muttered and then Alphyne understand what he was talking about.

"His first agent!" The two of them exclaimed simultaneously.

"Manggagaway, the Goddess of disease."

"Don't tell me, she's the one behind this?"

"That's right." As it was too fast to notice, Liel and Alphyne put out their weapons to defend themselves from the enemy but they slowly put down their weapons as they saw the older woman from earlier.

"Ma'am? What are you doing here?" Liel asked as he hid his weapon from her but Alphyne remained guarded up. She was feeling a little off ever since they met earlier up until now.

"Well, I'm also just looking around." The old lady muttered and looked around the hallway. Alphyne kept her eyes on her. She heard Liel sighed.

"Ma'am, it is dangerous around here. You should go home." Liel said and was about to approach the old lady but Alphyne stopped him. He turned to Alphyne questionably.

"No. Don't get near her."

"Why? She's just an old lady."

"You will never understand what's underneath a fake façade unless you felt it."