Chapter 1

The rain was pouring and the thunder roared as a 18 year old kid stood near her dead father unable to speak. Hearing the siren of the police cars and ambulance just outside their home made her deaf as she just stood there seeing police men investigating their home. She doesn't feel anything, not even a single drop of tear poured on her eyes as she watch her father taken away by nurses on a stretcher with white cloth just topping him. A man in police attire walked towards her and pats her on her shoulder. She didn't look at him; she was paralyzed as she remembered what had happened to her father before he got killed.

"Al! Come on now, we got to eat." Adrian Bonifacio told his 18-year-old daughter as he put down the dish onto the table. His daughter ran to the table and sat across him.

"In the name of the father, and of the son, and the holy spirit..." She didn't get to finish what she was saying because of a loud crash came that made them flinched. Instinctively, Adrian protected his only daughter and told her to go hide inside the cabinet under the sink and get his gun at the cabinet just above the sink. He told Alphyne to hide and do not go outside until she was told to. So the girl Alphyne did what she was told to. She hid and heard some grumbles and hissing of something she doesn't know. As a curious girl she is, she took a peek at the small space between the doors of the cabinet she was hiding and saw a woman she doesn't know. Her face was covered in black clothing that matches her long gown and her very long hair sways from the gusts of wind from the starting heavy rainfall.

"Who are you? What are you? What are you doing in here?" her father said as Alphyne hid. She didn't get to hear what they were talking about because she suddenly heard a loud hissing just near the cabinet she was hiding and saw a shadow passed by the small space making her silent and at the same time nervous as if her life depends on it. At the time she took the courage to peek again, she saw an eye that is staring inside that made her surprised and hit the cabinet's door that made it open that also made her scared as she saw a creature she haven't known of. She closed her eyes as if the creature were about to eat her alive then suddenly she heard a loud bang and a loud thud. She carefully opened up her eyes and saw her father holding a gun pointing at her direction while his throat, being slashed and blood is flowing on the floor of their dining room. She was shocked and cannot even move her body at all. Just seeing her father wet from blood, bathing himself on the floor made her stomach hurl.

"Come on child, you have to get out of here." She didn't realize that the police arrived at their house and started investigating her father's death. She didn't talk. She knows she couldn't. She knows that she will only be going to be a laughing stack if she talked. She knows how the world revolved, how people only think of themselves, how they don't care about people who saw something a naked eye cannot see. So she just shut up and let the other people gave the idea of her being deaf-mute. A police officer walked towards her and stared at her eyes as she stared back also. The officer nodded at her and took her hand.

"I'm going to take her to the DSWD." He said and walked Alphyne towards his car and drove away. They were just silent on their drive then suddenly Alphyne speak.

"This is not the way towards DSWD, sir." She told the officer. Alphyne is a smart girl, she has a sense of direction, once she knew where a certain place is, she knew where the way towards it is.

"I know and my name is Louis by the way. And you have to be in that place." She turned at him, confused.

"Where is that place is, sir?"

"I told you my name so use it. I'm still 27 you know." Louis said with a frown and sighed.

"You will see, just about an hour and we will be there in no time." There was a silence and then Alphyne spoke remembering what happened just a while ago making her hand tremble and started to clench her hands until it turned white. So much hatred filled her that she doesn't care where this man will take her anymore.