0.1 CHOPSTICKS & MOVIES

THE DATE AGREEMENT | FIRST DATE: DINNER AND A MOVIE

It was barely 8.00 in the morning on a Saturday when Louis got the first text from Harry. It had been a week since the agreement, and to say that Louis had been anxiously waiting for him to text would be a gross understatement. Louis giddily opened up his iMessages to read Harry's text.

Hey, gorgeous. We're sticking with the classics in the beginning. Be ready at 7.00, I'll pick you up then. Dress casual, we're doing a dinner and a movie. ;)

Dinner and a movie? Could it get any more generic than that?

Louis rolled his eyes, amused, but ran to his closet to look for 'casual' clothes that would make him look good.

Thank god it was a weekend and he didn't have work, Louis thought to himself. There was no way he would be able to concentrate on those faulty, boring contracts for the whole day. Not a chance.

Louis spent the rest of the day playing Xbox and thinking about how the date would go down, but on the other end, Harry spent the day trying to make sure that every part of this first date went perfectly. Right from the text he had sent – hoping to sound as casual as possible but still not as casual that it seemed as if he was taking this for granted – to the outfit he had already laid out on his bed perfectly.

It's a casual date, Harry kept reminding himself because every outfit he took out seemed to be dress-y or party wear or just plain over the top. In the end, he settled for a slightly-bigger, floral shirt and his favourite pair of skinny black jeans. He thought he'd tuck in the shirt and it'd look decent enough for the date. Right?

The man couldn't make up his mind, because everything he did that day, every action was being driven by what Louis would think of it.

Would Louis be into cereal, or did he think that it was soggy, tasteless mess? Would Louis wear something fashionable that would make his curves pop or would be go for something comfortable? Was Louis the kind of person to fret before a date or was he the cool-and-collected kind because he knew he had the other person wrapped around his little finger – in a very good way?

He couldn't think past Louis, and the man in his thoughts was no less. Everything Louis would usually do out of habit was now done out of curiosity and conscious efforts.

Was Harry the kind of person who liked coffee in the morning, or was he more of a tea guy? Did he, too, like pizza in all it's savoury goodness or was he in the pineapple-on-pizza category? Was Harry a person who always stuck to his schedule and routines or was he a spontaneous guy? Did he like to dance his heart out or was he shy? How did Harry behave when he was drunk?

The questions swam in their minds – one after the other – throughout the day before it was finally 7 PM and Louis heard a buzz.

"Who is it?" He asked to make sure even though he was already stepping into his shoes to head down.

"It's your date." Harry replied cheekily and Louis smiled.

"Be down in 5. Stay where you are, date." He said with a chuckle before locking his door and basically bolting down the several flights of stairs – the elevator would take too long anyway.

Harry's heart was beating about as quickly as Louis' feet on the stairs and as cliché as it was, Harry could swear it stopped for an entire minute when he saw Louis walk out in a hoodie that was a tad too big for him and black jeans with vans.

"You said casual." He said when his eyes landed on Harry, his tone almost accusing even though they both knew it was just a joke and Louis' mind had immediately started going places when he saw Harry in that not-so-casual-but-incredibly-sexy outfit.