0.0 AGREEMENTS

THE DATE AGREEMENT | PROLOGUE

"Hello, Louis." Harry said as he caught up with the man in question, who groaned in response.

"For the umpteenth time, Harold, no." Louis said with a sigh, shifting the paperwork in his hands to have better grip on them.

"A, it's Harry, but I'll let it slide because it's you. And B, why not?" He wailed with puppy eyes and Louis rolled his eyes, finally halting in his step.

"Because we clearly don't fit, Harry. We run in totally different social circles. We don't have any common friends whatsoever and you're way out of my league."

Harry's eyes momentarily widened in surprise. Louis looked at him as if he was waiting for a reply but when he didn't get any, he huffed with a small 'thought so' and walked away with a small, insignificant wave to Harry.

The man had been pursuing Louis' adorable ass for about a month now. He'd wanted Louis ever since he laid eyes on him. As they formally got to know each other just a little more at work events, it didn't take Harry long to ask him out; but it didn't take Louis very long to realise that he probably didn't deserve Harry either.

Looking up to find the small man already gone, Harry turned back to the elevator, back to his office for the rest of the day, much like he'd done at least 3 times before, only today with a new plan of action surfacing in his mind.

**

Louis walked up to his office the next morning with guilt weighing down on his heart. He hated rejecting Harry over and over again, but he knew in his heart that they could never work out and Louis really didn't have it in him to have another failed relationship. He'd hate to be the one to break the man in any way, shape or form.

He had expected Harry to ask Louis to go out with him more than once – he just seemed like the kind of person who'd never give up. What he didn't expect, however, was a shower of silver confetti on him as soon as he walked into his office.

He looked up in confusion to see a string attached to the door, which was pulled when he opened it, causing the fall of confetti.

What in the world was going on in here?

Louis walked deeper into his office to find a sticky note on his computer.

Sometimes, all you've gotta do is not think and go all in.

"Umm, okay..." He said to no one in particular before, like the note said, not thinking too much into it and keeping the note aside and sitting down on his chair. It was only then he noticed the stack of files and blew out a small whistle before noticing another small note resting on the top file.

I mean it. It's not always a bad thing going all in. I'd highly recommend it.

The note pulled a small smile on his face and kept the note on top of the previous one, still having no clue as to who it was from or what to make of it. He flipped open the file and upon doing so, he found another note.

Work with me here, Lou.

Another page, another note. Louis sat upright on his chair, now understanding whose work all of this might be and despite how corny it felt to him, he went on flipping the pages to find more notes with barely contained anticipation.

All I ask of you is a teensy little bit of patience... and time.

Okay, he was pretty sure now. There was only one grown-up man – at least among the people he knew – who would use the word 'teensy.'

10 dates.

You go on 10 dates with me, during the time period of which, we will do nothing but get to know each other and who we are as people, and nothing else. You can make the choice of if we fit together or not after that. That's all I ask for.

You in?

Louis sighed, his heart drumming against his rib-cage in excitement. He desperately wanted to break down all the walls he'd worked so hard on building over the years for this adorable, dimpled man but he was still just a little bit wary of the idea.

He heard a knock on the glass door and looked up to find the aforementioned adorable man leaning against the glass door with – you guessed it – a dimpled smile on his face and pure glee in his eyes.

"Your verdict then, Mr. Tomlinson?"

"Why 10?" Louis counter-questioned.

"That's how long it'll take for us to get to know each other."

"What're we even going to do?" He questioned with a small chuckle, trying to make up his mind while talking to Harry.

"I'll handle that, not to worry."

"What if my opinion doesn't change after 10 dates?"

They were now standing in front of each other, Harry towering over Louis as the latter leaned on his desk a little, looking up into those gorgeous green eyes that felt incredibly comforting to him.

"Then I'll leave you be. I will never bring it up, we can go on living our separate lives as two people who work in the same company and just happened to be hanging out a lot for a little while."

"And what if it does change?" Harry blushed at the statement, making Louis smile.

"Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there, I guess. We've got all our lives to figure out what we want to do if you do happen to change your opinion."

Louis nodded thoughtfully before standing up straight, now closer to the towering man.

"So..." Harry drawled his words out. "You in?"

"I'm in." Louis said with a smile when he saw Harry almost jump in happiness, but to both their amusement, all he did was shake hands with Louis in a very formal manner and walked away after they exchanged their numbers with a very informal wink.

Well, Louis thought to himself with a grin. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

~~

A/N. I LOVE THISSS!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS ENTIRE BOOK SO MUCH, AND HARRY AND LOUIS ARE TOTALLY ADORABLE, I CANNOT - LITERALLY CANNOT - WAIT FOR Y'ALL TO READ IT. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE, YOU'RE GONNA GET TOOTHACHES BESTIES.

ANYWAYS, *sigh* PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE. FIRST DATE WILL BE OUT IN TWO DAYS! AAAAAH.

OKAY, BYE.

~ Love, T.