A Confrontational Dinner

(Jay P.O.V)

Later at night, we all went out for dinner since there wasn't much in the kitchen. Ally and I haven't spoken about the kiss and I was worried that I would have to reject her because I probably won't ever see her again. There was no doubt about it that there was this connection between us, but I doubt that it'll work long distance. We all sat at the biggest table in the restaurant and I was next to Ally, her hand was on my thigh and I liked it there. Higgins brought up memories of the guys back in the guy getting wasted after high school, teenage drinking, why am I not surprised anymore. Dad played it off and every one of the kids wanted to get wasted since Dad said it was a hankering for ice cream. Lamonsoff tried to get food going for all of us. "I'll make this easy for you. Nineteen burgers and nineteen fries, okay?" He told her and he joked saying that they were all for him. Mama Ronzoni complained about eating hamburgers and started listing a lot of unhealthy food.

After some jokes about Mama Ronzoni going onto the electric chair, we all finished our order and the waitress took it to the kitchen. It was awkward for us when Greg asked for Voss water, this is why I hated how spoiled my siblings were, they don't know about the simple things in life like tap water. Eventually, we got things settled and I was grateful for that cause I was done talking and hearing about water. Ally kept her hand on my thigh and I smiled at her in return. Our food came and we all laughed and ate, meanwhile I still felt the guilt about leaving in the morning.

(Ally P.O.V)

After a weird intermission about a rematch, the younger kids went and played games while us old folk stayed at the table. I sensed that Jay was upset about something but I didn't know what. I wanted to ask him about possibly going on a date before we had to leave the lake house. The adults were talking about tomorrow's ceremony when Sally mentioned leaving, it turned out that Jay and his family were only staying for the night. I removed my hand from Jay's thigh and he looked at me with a broken face which only angered me more. I stood up and left the table. "Ally, Ally wait!" Jay called out and I didn't stop until we were outside when I looked at him, tears starting to fall down my face. "What, you were just not going to tell me?" I questioned him and I could see he was trying not to break but I didn't care. "Do you think I want to go to Milan? Think I want to deal with women trying to get into my pants because they want to model for my stepmother? No, I don't, I rather be here, but sadly I can't because, by the time I turn 18 and would be able to come back here, you guys would be gone." Jay told me and I looked at him.

Both of us were in tears at this point, so I took the initiative and walked towards him and he flinched. "Jay, why didn't you tell me that you were leaving?" I asked him and he looked into my brown eyes with sadness. "Because then I wouldn't have been able to get to know you. Out of all the shit I deal with from my brothers, and my Dad and stepmom, you're the first person who didn't want me for my last name. You wanted to know me, actually me and not just Jayden Feder." He explained and I chuckled at his statement and I looked at him and then wrapped my arms around his neck and that was hard since he was tall. "it's alright Jay, I'm not mad anymore." I whispered and he hugged me tightly, afraid that he would lose me. "I'm sorry for not saying anything." He mumbled and I shook my head and gently kissed him, the saltiness from both of our tears were in the mixture of the kiss but it didn't matter. All we both needed was reassurance that things would get better.

We both laughed softly and walked back into the restaurant hand in hand, both of us feeling a bit better after that talk.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone and here is a new chapter. Yeah, I know this ending was a bit cringy but they're kids still, they'll be like that at times. Either way I hope you guys liked this chapter and until the next time bye