16. (Alternate Ending)

A/N As this story is now a two-book series, this ending is no longer applicable. You can read it if you like, and I will keep it up as I like this version of the ending better.
It does not affect the plot of the story in general.
Happy Reading!!!

"No, Y/N, we're not doing that." Bang Chan said.

"Every time I'm hurt, a part of the parasite dies. Which might explain your also violent reactions around me, like Han's behaviour, and Felix stabbing me earlier. It's your own brains reflex to save itself. Which I don't blame it." I said, sighing.

"Surely there's another way.." Felix asked.
"It's either me, or Han. Personally I'd rather save him. Sure he messed up, but humans make mistakes." I said.

"Y/N.. I've killed people.. you've done nothing.." Han said.

"I've had my fair share of demons, Han. Look, I have a plan.. but I'm going to need you guys to trust me." I said, covering Changbin back over, taking my gloves off.

"Of course we trust you.. this plan doesn't involve hurting you, does it?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Hurting is an understatement." I smiled half-heartedly.

"Take me to your lab." I asked.
"Why? It's dangerous.." Hyunjin said, frowning.

"We're all infected, anyway, so should it matter?" I shrugged, heading towards the doors of the morgue.

"You're not." Jeongin said.
I turned to look at him. "You can't tell because no ones fighting over them. I'm just as sick as the rest of you. So I'll be fine."

"Now who is this special person? The last thing we need is you losing your head, y'know." Lee Know asked.

"It's going to cause a fight, so I'm not going to talk about it." I brushed it off, waving goodbye to the security officer, before heading to the back of the van again.

When we arrived at Hyunjin's lab, Hyunjin, Han and Bang Chan came in, Lee Know, Felix and Jeongin staying in the car.

"Me and Hyunjin will go in from here. You two stay out here." I said as we reached the outside of the main lab.

"But-" Han started.

"No buts. I just need to check something. It'll be quick." I said, heading inside as Hyunjin held the door open for me.

He led me through the shelves of tests and samples, before he grabbed a box, pulling a pair of gloves on, passing a pair to me as he opened it.

Inside was a Petri dish, looking almost clear to the naked eye.
I dragged it to the microscope, looking down.
"Well, isn't that something.. Hyunjin, if this wasn't causing us problems, I'd call you a genius.. but what populations were you planning on managing?" I asked.

"Vermin, such as rats and mice that were overpopulated.. it wasn't meant to work on people, and that's where it went wrong." Hyunjin said.

"Is this the only one?" I asked.
Hyunjin nodded.
"It enters through open wounds or any open area, right?"

Hyunjin nodded again.
Ripping my glove off, I grabbed a scalpel, cutting along the healing wound on my palm.
I then picked up the Petri dish, pouring the liquid into my hand.

I felt a sting singe through my arm, as things flashed red.
This must have been what Han felt..

Hyunjin grabbed me by the shoulders, looking me in the eyes, then full of concern and worry.

"Y/N, you're going to get yourself killed.. the more the virus takes over, the more of your brain is killed.. why did you do that?"

"So then you have to kill me.." I smiled gently, my head pounding.