12.

Bang Chan sat impatiently in the cell, the shattered window boarded up.

Voices yelled from around him.

The officer in his room grabbed his radio.
"Everything alright?" He asked.
"Detective Y/N has disappeared."

Bang Chan's heart dropped.
"What do you mean disappeared?" He asked, grabbing the radio from the officers hands.

"We mean we can't find them anywhere around the station. Their phone is off too." The officer on the other side of the phone said.

"I'm coming to the security room. Let me see the cameras."
With that he handed the radio back, rushing out the room.

The security officer looked at him with a confused glance.
"Can I please view the footage from the outside of the station? From within the last hour." Bang Chan asked.

The security officer nodded, replaying scenes on multiple monitors.
Bang Chan recognised the grainy figure, the long black hair.

"Hyunjin.." he whispered.
"Please call the hospital and ask them to discharge Lee Felix, Lee Minho, and Yang Jeongin. I need them here." Bang Chan instructed as the officer left the room.

He proceeded to watch the security footage, as Y/N wandered into the alley, a figure appearing behind them, grabbing them, and suffocating them.

Bang Chan watched painfully, skimming through the cameras to see if he could find the perpetrators face. But they were cautious.

Of course they were. They were a detective, were they not?

"Y/N, please hang in there, wherever you are." Bang Chan whispered, leaving the cameras rolling.

He went and waited for the rest of his team to arrive, or, what was left of the team.
"Felix, Y/N gave you something, didn't they?" Bang Chan asked.

"Yeah..? Did something happen to them?" Felix asked, heart racing.

"They were taken.. by whoever's responsible, and Hyunjin is an accomplice." Bang Chan said.

"Please give me what Y/N gave you." Bang Chan asked, holding his hand out.

Felix placed the envelope in the older males hands, before instinctively stepping back.
Bang Chan read over it, his face furrowing.

"Well, I'll be damned.. Y/N sure is smart.. and to think they made this in such short time.." he smiled slightly to himself.

Lee Know raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"What?" Jeongin asked.

"Y/N's got multiple theories and evidence linked. If they're right, we have enough evidence to take any of the perpetrators to court. But, what's even better, is that Y/N planned this. They planned to get taken."

Y/N's POV
I groaned as I sat up, the cold floor making my side ache.
My throat was raw, and I felt a gnawing feeling in my stomach.

The jaw breaker was here. They must have forced Hyunjin to do all this.
"I'm so sorry." He had whispered to me, his eyes full of regret.

I pulled at my arms, only to find them being scraped by rope.
"You've got to be kidding me.." I whined, turning painfully to look at my hands.

Rope was wrapped tightly like a bow around my wrists, rubbing them raw, my skin aching, blood trickling down slightly.

Han's bracelet was no longer on my wrist.
"Hyunjinnnn." I called, looking around the empty room. It was someone's basement. Not any sort of lair.

"Or Mr Jaw breaker, someone, can I have some water??" I called out again, only to be met with the agony of silence.
"Y/N.." a voice called from the corner.
I turned.

"Hyunjin.. why are you here?" I asked.
He just looked down. "I don't want to do this you know.. I don't have a choice, though." He said, walking closer to me, hammer in hand.

I pulled back, my heart hammering in stress.
"Hyunjin, what's the hammer for?" I asked, voice weakening.

"He doesn't want you to leave.. so I have to do this.. I'm so sorry.. he was planning on doing something so much worse.. to you.. if I didn't help.. I didn't mean for our team to die.."

Hyunjin sobbed, grabbing my hand in his own, giving it a quick peck before holding it above my head, picking me up and hooking the rope over a hook in the wall, leaving me almost hanging by my hands, helpless.

He grabbed for my leg, straightening it out, holding the hammer high above him.
I widened my eyes in fear.
"Hyunjin, please.." I cried.

"SHUT UP! Please don't make this harder." Hyunjin growled, before swinging the hammer against my leg, a deafening crunch sounding throughout the room, deafened out by the sound of my agonised screams.

He swung again, and again. Until my leg was bleeding, all movement gone.

I hung there like a coat on a hook, unmoving as I sobbed.

Hyunjin dropped the hammer, leaving me alone again, turning the light off, shrouding me in darkness.

"Well, this sure as hell isn't going to plan.." I groaned, trying to move my leg weakly, only to gasp in pain again, letting out a yelp.

It could've been hours, or even just minutes, before I heard movement from the stairs again.
"Y/N! I'm so sorry about the broken leg, but it was necessary. I know you all too well." A voice rung out, muffled.

"Come face me then, you coward." I hissed.
The dim lights flickered on, a man walking down in a puppet mask walking down with it.

"I will, don't worry.. but I'm worried you're not going to like me anymore.. but you don't understand, this was all necessary.. because I want you to like me back.." The voice said again.

"You've killed so many of my friends. Han, Changbin, and left Seungmin on the brink of death. I'll never like you, ever." I said, my voice low.

"If you're going to be like that, it's alright. I've done this a few times, so I know how to break someone's mind." He snickered, removing his mask.

I just stared wide-eyed, as a smirk I knew well looked back at me.
"But you.. you were— Han?"