XXII

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

❣︎

𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚝 𝚠 𝚘

༒︎ ℎ𝑖𝑠 ༒︎

Kiyoomi was annoyed.

For a week or so now, you'd been excusing yourself everytime your class finishes. Not that he could spend time with you much because of the upcoming tournament but this just annoyed him more.

He made Komori ask the photography club president if you were having any meeting but you weren't.

He didn't want to suspect something negative but his overthinking self won't let him live such easy life. You two would spend every lunch together and regularly text every night. Maybe he was being selfish to want all your time even when he can't give his - even borderline toxic - but he can't help worrying that you might find someone else.

He'll ask you where you go everytime. At first, he figured you were just going to pick up your brothers but when he asked you one time if your neighbors continued to take them to and from school, you said that they still did.

Your answers were vague. "I got to do something" was almost always the answer. He can't follow up any more questions since you'll rush off.

The day you replied that you're meeting someone, his brain couldn't take it anymore and he looked up signs if your girlfriend found someone else.

He cannot let anyone know.

The only sign he could put a check on is the continuous days of you leaving him with vague reasons.

The others were you being more distant but you weren't. You were your usual sweet and happy girl.

All this made his head hurt.

They were now practicing and his brain and body weren't cooperating. His head is hurting more and more everytime he thinks of it. You, once again, rushed off the moment the bell rung as the classes finished.

"Sakusa! Are you fine?" Namiku asked. He and the team noticed that he was off his game.

"No, my head hurts. But I can take it."

"No, you can't," the coach interrupted, "go to the nurse's office. Lay down there for a few moments, when you wake up feeling okay, come back here."

He closed his eyes for a moment before agreeing. He knew he should do that since he wouldn't be too much of a help if he were to stay.

Walking down the hallways, his mind went back to the reason why he had less sleep.

You.

Was Kiyoomi not being a good boyfriend?

He also can't help but feel irritated knowing that you'll not come to the tournament. He can't help but be hurt and a bit angry. But he was also annoyed with himself for feeling like that since he knew you have your reasons. The school won't let anyone who has no connections to the club itself to go to the tournament and miss class. The finals which will be held on a weekend is crowded and he doubt you'd want to come and bring your brothers to that.

"Haa," he stopped and sighed out. He was feeling too much negative emotions.

As if on cue, you and some guy turned a corner and he saw both of you.