003. The big three

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ - ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀ sᴘᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

✯✯✯

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 of the cigarette lightened up red and as Y/n put it away from her mouth, grey smoke escaped it. She played with it in her hands, dried tears on her cheeks. Sitting on the steps of the back door, she watched the night falling on the lake

She had called Sam just thirty minutes ago to talk about what will happen. She knew someone would step in, she knew this person too well. Sam told her he worked tomorrow but Y/n insisted to come with him. Of course, he agreed but they didn't talk any further about the new Captain America.

A door opened behind her and Y/n turned around. Morgan walked out slowly and the older girl ended her cigarette in the ashtray.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Why are you crying?" she asked as Y/n got up.

Y/n stood there a couple of seconds, thinking about what to answer to a six years old about this situation. She took her in her arms and walked back into the house. 

"Well you see when you miss someone really much, sometimes you feel sad. Some days it's harder than others," she answered the best she could. 

"Like mom?"

"Yes, exactly. Both your mom and I lost someone we loved a lot but we have to continue without them,"

Y/n walked into the little girl's room and laid her down on her bed. Morgan rested against her pillows and Y/n put the blanket on her before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Morgan, I have to go for a few days. But I'll be back I promise," Y/n said. 

"Where are you going?"

"I have some stuff to take care of in Washington. With Sam,"

"Can I come with you?"

Y/n laughed "Maybe when you'll be older,"

Morgan nodded and smiled as Y/n kissed her forehead goodnight.

✯✯✯

His white face with blue eyes and his blond head was everywhere in the base. Printed on banners with his motos, John Walker's face was following Sam and Y/n as they both walked down the stairs.

Cap is back the banners composed with blue and red colors said.

"You shouldn't have given up the shield!" Y/n heard a familiar voice. 

Turning her head, she saw Bucky moving toward her and Sam. She slowed in her tracks. He had changed a lot since the last time she saw him. He was in his usual black jacket and she spotted two gloves of the same color covering his hands. His hair was cut short, and even if he looked much better it was as if his face lost all the smile; he glared at Sam.

"Good to see you too Buck," Sam replied nonchalantly before continuing to walk. 

Bucky turned his head toward y/n and she sent him a smile.

"Hey," he said with a little smile too.

"Hi," she replied. 

He turned his head back toward Sam who was still walking.

"This is wrong," Bucky said as he joined him