005. Isiah

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ - ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀ sᴘᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐: 𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒂𝒉

✯✯✯

"Again. And faster this time"

Y/n stumbled on the hard and too solid dirty green mattress, stopping her head to hit the ground with her hands. With a pant, she pushed herself up and faced the much taller man in front of her. She raised her fist and rushed forward, raising an arm toward his head. He stopped it with his fist and made Y/n stumble back.

"It's not because you're Captain America's little sister that we'll be gentle on you, number four"

Anger. It was the only way that Y/n kept up with everything that was happening. And the only source of strength every time she had to fight. And they knew it. They pushed her, over and over. Harder every day.

"Your brother's not here to save you. He won't ever be again. Your mommy's dead. Your daddy's dead. Who do you have left, number four?"

Y/n's back was nearly against the wall when the smallest tears appeared in her eyes. She learned over the years not to let them fall. Looking up at him with a deathly glare, she picked her knife in her belt and brought it up. It ended right in front of his neck. Almost a smile appeared on his face.

"Do it. I know you want to"

"I'm not like you" she replied and the man pushed his head further. A string of blood formed. A perfect line and a droplet falling at the end of it. She watched it and thought. She wanted to push the knife further, but she also knew she couldn't.

The man suddenly grabbed her wrist that was holding the knife, and twisted it, forcing her to make it fall. It didn't make a sound when it fell on the mattress but as Y/n watched it slipping from her hand, she didn't prevent his fist from hitting her. She fell on the ground yet again, the silver taste of the blood in her mouth as she felt her lips as if it was bigger. As she looked up, the man looked much taller and scarier for her nineteen years old figure.

"We'll start over tomorrow, number four"

"number four"

"Y/n"

"Y/n!"

She jolted awake, firmly gripping the sides of the bench she was laying on- sitting now. So much, that the end of her soft fingers turned white. The tears on her cheeks were dried as her gaze lost itself in the void whilst her unsteady breath made her chest rise and fall. As she looked up, she saw Sam kneeling next to her and Bucky sitting on the bench on the other side of the plane with a worried look on his face.

Sam sat down next to Y/n and brought her toward him. Resting her head against his chest, she gripped his jacket with one hand as she tried to breathe in and breathe out.

"You're alright" he replied softly, carefully wrapping his arms around her.

Bucky watched them from where he was sitting, understanding Y/n more than anyone. He knew her more than he knew himself and she helped him a lot when he was in the same state. But she never told him about the nightmares, saying none of this happened to her. All of a sudden, he wished it could be him wrapping his arms around her shaking figure.

"We're going to Baltimore in Maryland," Sam announced once she calmed down enough. 

"Why?" Y/n asked as she pulled back. 

"There's an old friend I need Sam and you to meet," Bucky spoke up. 

✯✯✯