002. Sam's decision

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴏɴᴇ - ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒔𝒂𝒎'𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

✯✯✯

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 stood in front of y/n, in its glass at the museum, next to Steve's old suit. Smiling, she remembered when she carried it for the first time. After y/n came back from Hydra in 2014. At first, nobody believed it. The younger sister of Steve Rogers, who had disappeared, had just came back from the dead. 

"You seem lost in your thoughts," Sam spoke as he walked toward her. 

"Sam" she smiled and went to hug him as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"How are you doing?" he asked when he pulled back. 

"Great," she answered, crossing her arms "And you? How is your life going with all this mess?"

"I'm doing alright. It's weird to come back and see that everything changed. I went to see my sister and nephews. They were babies, now little men," he explained. 

"I get that. I got back, my brother was an old man," she laughed. 

Sam laughed at her joke and shook his head. 
"How are Pepper and Morgan doing?"

"They're alright. Pepper is doing better and I try to take care of Morgan as much as possible. She's an angel, I wish Tony could see her grow,"

"Yeah me too," Sam sighed, looking at the shield. 

"Anything new? On the missions?"

Sam turned to her and seemed to think about it. "Actually yes. We spotted some people called the Flag Smashers."

"The flag smashers? What kind of name is that?" she scoffed.

"The kind of people who wants to go back to how it was during the blip. I don't know much about it for now,"

"We never have a minute of rest do we?" Y/n laughed.

"I agree," he laughed "If I need help, I'll call you but for now I have to get going, see you soon alright," Sam said and walked away after she nodded.

✯✯✯

The car stopped in the path, letting a cloud of dirt behind it. As soon as Y/n closed the car's door, the door of the house opened and Morgan ran down the stairs.

"Hey Y/n, how was it?" she asked as she came closer to her.

"Great, it was great," Y/n answered and they both walked toward the house "Hey Pepper," she called when she entered. 

She was in the living room, reading a book on the couch. Morgan got back to her room but Y/n guessed she was next to her mom before she arrived, as she saw children's books on the couch. She put them on the coffee table before sitting down. Her gaze soon lost itself in the fire in front of them.

"You're alright?" asked Pepper. 

Y/n turned to her and smiled "I'm good,"

"Are you sure about this?"

Y/n sighed and rested her head against the couch's back
"I don't know how all these years, you stayed in the city with all these journalists and people wanting to get close to you, to talk to you,"

"It was a different time and they were more interested in Toby" she explained, rubbing your arm.

"But he had eyes for only one person," you grinned and turned to her. She smiled back and nodded.

"I wasn't sure about that at first. He always brought girls to his house. I remember I had to make them leave the morning after"

Y/n's phone vibrated next to her. Sam's name lightened up on the screen. With a text. 

Turn your tv on

You frowned and grabbed the remote on the coffee table.

"What?" Pepper asked. 

"It's Sam," Y/n simply answered. 

She straightened up and pressed the little red button of the remote. There was the same thing on almost every tv channel. A man of the government was giving a speech to a few military and officers.

"We need a real person who embodies America's greatest values. We need someone to inspire us again," the man said

Standing up, Y/n turned to Pepper, who had closed her book and straightened up.

"Someone who can be a symbol for all of us. So, on behalf of the Department of Defense and our commander-in-chief, it is with great honor that we announce here today that the United state of America has a new hero. Join me in welcoming your new Captain America,"

A feeling of disgust invaded y/n as she watched people cheering a man arriving with her brother's shield and suit. He waved at the crowd, standing proud.

They didn't even wait for a day.