001. The call

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴏɴᴇ - ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍

✯✯✯

please read the intro before it's important thank u <3

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 perked through the white transparent curtains, resting on the comfortable, heavy blanket of the same color. The wood that composed the room smelled so good, that it made every morning even better. She sighed and nuzzled deeper into her pillow - always more comfortable in the morning than the night before. Y/n allowed herself to open her eyes, turning away from the window on her left due to the bright light. Looking at the ceiling she learned to know these five last months.

Saturday, 9:18 am. Indicated her phone as she picked it up to check.

The door flew open and a small child ran into the room, jumping on the bed while laughing. Y/n laughed too and took her in her arms.

"Hey Morgan," she smiled and sat up.

The little Stark, already excited and full of energy, went to the other side of the bed before flopping down and looking at the ceiling.

"Mom made pancakes," she spoke up. 

"Oh really? I actually smell it from here," Y/n answered, turning toward the opened door. 

"But pancakes have no smell,"

"Yes, but I smell everything. That's my super power," Y/n winked at her and got up, knowing Morgan would believe her.

"Can I have a superpower too?" Morgan asked as she sat up. 

"Only if you're wise," y/n answered, smiling at her innocence whilst she put on a cotton jacket above her grey shorts and white shirt.

"Breakfast?" Y/n asked. 

"Only if you take me on your back," Morgan giggled

"You know how to negotiate, don't you," Y/n said and turned her back to her. As Morgan wrapped her arms around y/n's neck, and legs around her waist, the older woman propped the little girl up and walked out.

Pepper was in the kitchen, preparing small plates in front of the window that gave a beautiful lake view.

"Look, Mom, I'm so tall!" Morgan called and her mom turned around. 

Pepper laughed as she saw her already on Y/n.

"Why don't you take this outside?" Pepper asked and handed three glasses and orange juice to her daughter who had just climbed off of Y/n's back. As she walked out by the back door, Yn walked toward the counter and slowly played with the spoon in the pancake mix.

"She's so full of energy," y/n said watching Morgan through the window.

"Remind me of someone," Pepper smiled as she put the pancakes on a plate.

"Tony? Or me?" Y/n joke. 

"Both,"

She handed her the plate and Y/n walked outside, followed by Pepper. Morgan had put everything on the garden table and was already sitting down.