Chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to Izzy. I don't know if you'll come across this by random or I directly/I directly sent you the link/title but you might be reading this. So if you are, hi. You helped me out, as of the day I'm writing this. I'm not a werewolf or a spark or anything like that, but if I were, you'd be my anchor right now. Platonically, of course.

I should get back to the book now...

- your author, Magni/Qrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles can now walk again, without any support, and his homework was kindly dropped off by Scott. 

Things between Stiles and Scott are still strained. After Stiles yelled at Scott a few days back, it has been awkward between them. And ealier at school just didn't seem like a good time to talk about their argument. Stiles can still see it in Scott's face, though. The hint of fear. Hell, Stiles is probably like a stranger to Scott with his magic now. 

Scott had dropped off Stiles' homework, checking in to make sure he was okay before leaving soon after. Scott wouldn't look Stiles is in the eye, hasn't since their little fallout. And Stiles doesn't expect an apology. 

It's still some time after Scott leaves before Deaton finally says that Stiles can be excused. The vet had warned, "take it easy wi the magic for the next few days. You still need to recharge. You can take a few books with you to study as well. If you plan on stopping by, text or call. I have my phone here and ready in case you contact me." 

Stiles had agreed to taking a few of Deaton's books with him to look over and study. And that's how he ends up sitting on the sidewalk in front of the clinic, a small pile of books at his side, and waiting for Derek to return with his car. His father had offered to drive him and Derek to Derek's loft, but the werewolf insisted it wasn't any trouble. Derek, before leaving, had assured Stiles that he wouldn't be too long and that they could get Stiles' car from the school's parking lot later. 

As promised, it's only about fifteen minutes that Stiles spends waiting outside Deaton's clinic. It's a nice day out. Early May in Beacon Hills happens to bring quite some nice weather. Maybe not summertime-nice, but still nice. 

Derek's Camaro drives into view, pulling into the parking lot of the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic and slowly to a stop in front of Stiles; who can't help but think 'smooth bastard' as Derek rolls down his window, flashes a grin and tells him to climb in. 

Grabbing his books and backpack, Stiles complies and gets in on the passenger's side. Derek's car is really nice. Not only does it look sleek and shiny on the outside, but it's also pretty clean and nice smelling on the inside. Stiles buckles himself in as Derek starts up the car. 

"Oh, crap," Stiles mutters, five minutes into the ride. He pulls his backpack into his lap, frantically looking through the pockets and openings in the bag. 

Derek eyes him, confused. "What? What is it?" He asks, just as Stiles pulls out a small container and gives a victorious "ah-ha!" Derek's raised eyebrow makes the spark go on to explain that it's his ADHD meds, and that he's sure Derek would not be happy in a few days if Stiles didn't have an extra container with him. 

A few minutes after, Derek's car pulls into a shared but minus for the black Camaro, empty, parking lot. The werewolf parks his car carefully and gets out, Stiles following his lead and doing the same. 

"I should warn you that this place was abandoned completely until about two years ago. Some of it still needs work," Derek says, already walking and expecting Stiles to follow. Rushing to keep up, Stiles follows Derek up into a building. Derek leads the way inside, walking down a dim-lit hallway before stopping at a door. 

Glancing back at the human, Derek pauses for a brief second before turning the door handle and walking inside. Inside is one big room. One of the four walls has a huge window that you can look out of. There are spiral stairs leading up, as well as another doorway. A bed is tucked away in the corner with a mini desk next to it. The center of the large room has a couch and a few chairs, all in a circle around a glass coffee table. 

"So this is the main room. I don't usually have guests over, so I didn't bother moving my bed. The view out of the Windows is pretty nice too," Derek says, his voice a bit quieter than usual, less authoritative and serious. "You can leave your stuff out here."

Stiles walks in more and looks around after placing his things down near the door. This is the first time he's been here. There's so much space! He didn't expect there to be this much space. 

Derek continues with his tour, and shows Stiles what's through the second doorway. Through the second doorway, there is a hallway. Off of the hallway, though, there's a bathroom— one of two, Derek makes sure to add— a laundry room, and a guest room. The guest room is small with only a twin-sized bed in there. 

There aren't many decorations around, Stiles notices. Although this doesn't really surprise him. Derek doesn't seem like the decorations type of person, and the werewolf won't exactly have that many pictures of his family around. 

"There are three floors. Well, four if you can't the roof. The third one I think you might like," says Derek once he's done showing Stiles around the first and bottom floor. He walks up the spiral staircase with Stiles trailing behind him. The second floor has more equally divided rooms. 

The first room they come to is the kitchen. The kitchen is pretty nice, Stiles notices. He didn't know Derek liked to cook that much! Stiles wonders how many cookies they can make in here. He'll definitely be needing to find that out during his stay here. Definitely. The next room the pair arrive in is the dining room. Despite living alone, Derek has a table that could fit up to six. Stiles has officially concluded that this place, with a bit of work, could be amazing for parties. The third and last room is a workout room. And Stiles' mind totally does not fill with images of Derek working out shirtless in here. Nope, nope. Totally not. (Totally did.) 

And then the second floor part of the tour is done. Derek takes back to the staircase, that spirals all the way up to the third floor. 

Stiles isn't sure what to expect to see on the third floor. And a huge-ass library certainly wasn't on his list of possibilities. But that doesn't make it any less cool. The library is huge. He feels like he's recreating a scene of Beauty and the Beast. The walls are all filled with books. How did Derek even get all these? Some of them aren't even books, they're scrolls! They must be super old! 

"The Hale Library used to have a bigger collection. My mother... She had been very protective of the books. Most of them she kept  in our house. But the ones she valued too much were kept hidden away. With the Hales all having seemingly vanished in the fire, the books would've just been passed out. Maybe to a museum  or something. I couldn't let that happen. So I took them and brought them here." 

The human spark looks back at Derek, an idea blooming in his ever-moving mind. "When this is all over... We should rebuild the Hale House. We could make it the pack's home. Maybe move back into it at some point. I mean it's up to you, if you want to do it. But I just think that's better than letting the remains rot for eternity..." Stiles trails off, suddenly becoming unsure of his idea. 

"That's a great idea."