[𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

"And how was your flight?" Pierce questioned.

I was disguised as Councilwoman Hawley, walking with the other members of the Council.

"Lovely." I nodded. "The ride from the airport, less so."

"Sadly, SHIELD can't control everything." he chuckled.

"Including Captain America." Councilman Rockwell said.

Alexander ignored him and a HYDRA Agent who was disguised as a SHIELD Agent walked over, handing him a small briefcase.

"This facility is biometrically controlled. And these will give you unrestricted access." he showed us pins.

We each grabbed one, pinning them on. We went up to the top floor of the building.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way." Pierce said as we all held champagne glasses. "Finally, we're here." he looked at the screen. "And the world should be grateful." he made the stupid, stupid toast.

"Attention all SHIELD agents," Steve's voice rang through the intercom. "this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader." the other members of the Council looked at him shocked.

Pierce raised his eyebrows, shrugging, telling them Steve was right.

"The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high, it always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve said.

"You smug son of a bitch." Councilman Rockwell scoffed, looking at Pierce. 

STRIKE agents walked in, standing next to Pierce.

"Arrest him." Councilman Singh told them, but Agent Rollins only pointed a gun toward him.

"I guess I've got the floor." Alexander chuckled. 

The helicarriers were launched, Steve and Sam trying to get the targeting blades in there without dying.

"Let me ask you a question." Pierce said. "What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution," he handed Councilman Singh another glass of champagne, which he took. "and you could stop it with just a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" he asked.

"Not if it was your switch." he threw the glass of champagne on the floor, glass going everywhere.

Pierce chuckled as Agent Rollins handed him a gun. He pointed it at Councilman Singh, but before he could shoot him, I kicked him out of the way. I grabbed Pierce's arm, punching him in the face, sending a trademark Stinger to an Agent. I threw the gun to another Agent, hitting him in the face. I kicked another Agent in the gut and threw him on the floor. The Agent who was getting up with the gun, going to point it at me, I went over to him and knocked his face on the table. I grabbed the gun from his hands, pointing it at Pierce. I deactivated my Photostatic Veil and removed my wig, showing Pierce I wasn't Councilwoman Hawley.