[𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄]

𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀

"Gentlemen." Fury said as Natasha and I walked away.

Barton had been taken by Loki and we were trying to locate him and the Tesseract.

"Hey, Maria." I sighed, standing next to her.

"Everything ok? You and Romanoff seem... tense. Her more than you." she noticed.

"We're fine." I shook my head. "I just... I reminded her of something she didn't want to be reminded of. It's my fault. How's it going with the Tesseract?"

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet." Coulson spoke from the computers. "Cell phones, laptops... if it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ear for us."

"That's still not gonna find them in time." Natasha finally spoke up.

"You have to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Banner questioned.

"How many are there?" asked Fury.

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?"

"Agent Romanoff." Fury called. "Could you show Dr. Banner to his laboratory, please?"

"You're gonna love it, Doc. We've got all the toys." I heard Natasha say as she walked out, making me blush slightly.

Guess that crush never left, huh?

~

"I mean... if it's not too much trouble." Coulson spoke up as we waited for something to happen.

"No, no, it's fine." Steve shook his head.

Phil wanted his hero, Captain America, to sign his trading cards. Steve said it was fine, yet his face was saying something very different.

"It's a vintage set." I had to bite my lip to stop myself from giggling as Steve sighed, annoyed.

Clearly, Phil didn't get the hint as he kept going.

"It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint. Slight foxing around the edges, but-" he got cut off by an agent.

"We got a hit. A 67% match." Jasper Sitwell said from the computer. "Wait, cross-match, 79%."

"Location?" Phil went over to him.

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Königstrasse. He's not exactly hiding."

"Captain." Fury called as Steve turned toward him. "You're up."

"Good luck." I sent him a soft smile, which he returned.

~

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha ordered as we sat in the jet, pointing the machine guns toward Loki.

Loki sent a blast toward us and we dodged it. Steve and Loki started fighting as Natasha and I tried to get a clean shot.

"The guy's all over the place. I can't get a clean shot." Natasha muttered.

Suddenly, rock music started playing over the speakers, making Nat and I furrow our eyebrows.

"Agent Pierce. Agent Romanoff. You miss me?" Tony Stark. Of course.

I smirked as Natasha chuckled. Tony flew down in his Iron Man suit, blasting Loki, throwing him to the ground.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." Tony said as he aimed his firearms at Loki.