Chapter Fifteen

"I've got an idea," Sunset said, breaking the silence.

"That's what you've been saying this whole time, but then you don't have anything that would actually work," Twilight countered.

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm trying to find a way to get us out of here when we're at stake right now," Sunset rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

To say the two were getting icy towards each other couldn't be more correct, as Fluttershy had noticed. That was just something she liked to do. Let everyone else do the talking while she did the noticing for them, and then hopefully they would actually listen to her before someone else-usually Rainbow Dash-would notice it and point it out to the whole group.

It was probably just one of the consequences of being shy and soft-spoken.

"Well, I'm explaining this plan anyway," Sunset said. "Okay, so I started thinking about how were technically underneath all this sand and rock junk--"

"3,000 year old sand and rock junk," Twilight corrected.

"Whatever," Sunset continued. "So why don't we climb up out of here and see what's going on? I'm sure everyone else is above us anyway. Besides, some of the work's already done for us."

She pointed above their heads, where a shallow divot was in the rock.

"It's clear that it's getting weaker in that spot," Sunset explained. "So if we just dig up through there, I could see if there's a way to tunnel us out of here."

"And what about Hades?" Twilight asked. "Like you said, he could throw some smoking black orb at us and we instantly die. Which does break the laws of physics, because when considering--"

"It's magic," Applejack cut in. "All of this is magic. There's no logic or reason for any of this."

"You mean like when Rainbow Dash pretended to kill herself by making a fake version of herself all bloodied up and stuff so Hestia would be fooled and then she burned up the fake to prove that she actually was dead but the real one wasn't because she was just dealing with some time-curse that caused her to have her powers go crazy?" Pinkie said.

"I thought you weren't there when that happened," Rarity said, which did surprise Fluttershy, considering she hadn't spoken this entire time.

"Are you finally over it?" Applejack asked.

"Well, one could never really get over that horrible night," Rarity said. "But I think I'll be able to manage now. Just have to remember to bring the tissues during the wedding."

"What wedding?" Fluttershy was lost.

"Those two are clearly more than just friends," Rarity vented. "They're only together for two days and then I see them holding hands! Like couples do! And then they do it every single time I'm around like they're rubbing it in, and then I learn it was all a trick! However, I know when someone is in love, and I believe this will explain it."

She thrust out her phone to the rest of the group, revealing a picture of a letter Fluttershy hadn't found the time to sit and read.

"So it's clear half of the couple is in for it, while the other half... well, let's just say she's unclear at the moment," Rarity continued. "I swear, though, I know he likes her. And now that I'm saying that out loud, I realize that I was not a good friend and I should have listened to all six of you and should've paid attention more to the signs because these two are actually kinda cute together."

"Finally!" Sunset fell backwards in victory. "You've admitted it! The power couple is real!"

"Hey, uh Rarity, you should totally tell both of them that once we get out of here," Pinkie suggested.