6

The drive to the wedding rehearsal took forever.

Dream cursed under his breath as he sped up the car, trying to get over. A familiar song drifted from the speakers while George pressed his head against the car window, softly humming as his eyes drifted closed.

In darkness how you find me just in time

To tell me what I needed to hear...

So if you don't know what you need

You can leave it all to me

After a while, George opened his eyes and sat up, flexing his fingers in front of the heater. "Can we put something else on? I swear I've heard this song a million times by now."

"Yeah," Dream said, handing his phone to George so he could change the music. "So George... are you excited for the wedding rehearsal?"

"Sure," George responded, glancing over at the blonde. "It will be fun. Your family seems really nice and it will be good to see them again before the big day tomorrow."

"Yeah, I can't wait. Weddings are so fun," Dream responded, relaxing back into his seat. "It's got me thinking about my wedding. When I get married someday."

"Yeah?" George smiled. "When do you think that will be?"

Dream sighed. "Well, I thought it would be really soon... I was going to marry my ex until she ended things. I don't think she saw our relationship the same why I did. I'm not really the type to date just for the sake of dating. When I'm with someone, it's usually because I'm planning ahead. I want a future together."

"I'm guessing you haven't dated much then."

"Nope," Dream responded. "Just my ex and the girl I kissed once at the Nickelodeon resort if that even counts."

"Aw, baby Dream. Only ever been in one relationship," George chided, shaking his head. "So sad."

"Sad?" Dream smirked, glancing to the side. "How many relationships have you been in George?"

"Well... I, um-"

"That's what I thought," Dream replied brazenly. "None. Zilch. Zero."

George crossed his arms together, letting out a small harrumph. "I don't need to be in a relationship. I'm happy being single."

"It's okay George," Dream said laughing. "You'll find your person. Someday."

The two descended into silence, as George glanced at Dream and then out the window.

"Yeah..." George sighed. "Sure. Someday."

Dream took that as his cue to blast the music and they spent the rest of the ride listening to songs by artists like the Weekend and Lil Nas X.

They didn't have exactly the same music taste, but George could appreciate the songs Dream listened to. They weren't awful, like the garbage Sapnap was always playing.

Speaking of Sapnap... George smiled as he opened up his messages with Sapnap, surprised to see they hadn't talked since yesterday. Maybe things were getting better, being with Dream. He didn't feel as uncomfortable around him, felt like he could maybe stomach being around his family.

I really hope his family doesn't hate me. They seemed fine yesterday, like they maybe liked me. But I don't know... I was kind of awkward. I think I said some stupid things. And I spilled that marshmallow on my shirt, and made a nuisance of myself. I probably need to tone things down today, try to talk less. Things will be better then.