3

Dream had a distinct hatred for early mornings. 

He sighed as he reached down to grab his breakfast sandwich, taking a small bite as he bobbed his head to the music seeping through his headphones.

He felt tense. Like every bone in his body was tightly wound, ready to spring into action the moment George walked out of the airport terminal. The moment everything changed.

Dream needed to relax. He sighed as he switched on his chill vibes playlist and leaned back in his chair, trying to focus on the song instead of his apparent nerves.

So slowly a sunlit dream pulls me out of sleep

Feel the morning through the blinds

I get to thinking 'bout your sunkissed face

And a quite place where I could give you all my time

Dream closed his eyes as he listened to the lyrics. He thought about how simple moments like being with your significant other early in the morning was what could make or break a relationship. 

Dream knew him and his girlfriend hadn't had those kind of moments in a long time. The blonde swallowed, pulling his hoodie tighter around him.

Suddenly, a loud crashing noise startled Dream from his music and he quickly paused Spotify, glancing up to see where the noise had come from. He smiled to himself when he spotted George frantically trying to pick up his suitcase he'd just knocked off the conveyor belt. 

For a moment Dream allowed himself to unabashedly stare at the brunette, unnoticed. George was taller than expected, though he still was no where near close to Dream's height. The brunette was dressed in a light brown cosy shirt and a black jacket. He had swoopy brown hair and deep brown eyes. His face was scrunched up as he fumbled with his belongings, lips pursed  in such a way Dream could only think of to describe as cute. George was cute.

Dream suddenly wondered if he should scare the brunette, who clearly had yet to notice him. He imagined creeping up and yelling, before engulfing George in a giant bear hug. Would George jump? Elbow him in the stomach? Or would he laugh and immediately recognize Dream's embrace?

Dream had yet to face reveal to his friend, and he tapped on his leg nervously, suddenly feeling a rush of insecurity. Naturally Dream tended to be quite confident, but for some reason now he felt anxiety engulf him as he bit his lip feverishly.

Pulling out his phone, Dream attempted to inconspicuously check his reflection in the selfie camera. He didn't look too deranged did he? Dream ran a hand through his hair, attempting to mess it up a little. What would George think of his appearance? Would he hate it?

Dream sighed as he stuck his phone back in his bag and stood up carefully. He pulled his side bag over his shoulder and walked slowly up to the distracted brunette.

George was fumbling with his bag, anxiously glancing around the airport, when Dream swooped George's suitcase into his arms.

"Hey!"

George waved his arms out a bit, put off balance from the sudden loss of his suitcase, and Dream reached out his free arm out to stable his friend.

"Woah George. I just got here and you're already falling for me."

George's face turned bright red, and Dream couldn't help but smile.

Recognition sparked in George's eyes as he beamed up at the tall blonde. "Oh my god, Dream. You're here!"

Dream pulled his friend into a hug, closing his eyes as George wrapped his arms around his back. Finally.

"It's good to see you," George said, shifting back on his feet as Dream pulled back. "In person I mean."