Chapter Three: Talks at Night

Dinah

"Mike." I said. I quickly got up into a seating position and stared at him. I never thought he would come up to his room. He never did.

"What are you doing in my room?" He asked me.

I didn't know what to say, so I looked around the room without making eye contact.

"Well?" He asked. When I turned to look at him, he looked pissed.

I shouldn't be here. He was mad I was in his room. "Um, I didn't want to be downstairs so I came up here." I said sheepishly.

"Did you know this was my room?" He asked.

I guiltily looked at him and nodded. "I didn't think you would be coming into your room." I said.

"It's my room, why wouldn't I? And why would you think I wouldn't come?" He asked.

"Because you never do during parties." I said and he nodded, then he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Wait, what do you mean? Have you come here before?" He asked, looking confused. And I once again nodded, looking guilty. "How did you even know this was my room?"

"On our first party here, I had a bit too much to drink and Kara brought me here, saying it was your room. Then she took me home before the party finished, that's why you never found out." I said.

"And you've been coming here for all the parties that happen here?" I nodded. "No wonder you always disappear. And no wonder my pillow and blanket always smell like you." He said.

"How do you know how I smell?" I scrunched up my nose.

"I've been close enough to you to know how you smell. And I've known you for a lot of years. So, I know you smell like lavender and vanilla." Then he cursed under his breath.

"Sorry, I just don't like the parties, but Kara always drags me to them." I said to him.

"But I've seen you in parties before. And you are sometimes enjoying it." He said.

"Yeah, but because I am with Kyle, who always keeps me company when Kara leaves me. But he can't be there nowadays." I said, thinking about Kyle's mom. I should go and visit her and take her some flowers or something.

"Ah, your boyfriend, that's right." He said. Why did he think Kyle is my boyfriend?

"He's ... never mind." I said, what was the point in telling him Kyle was not my boyfriend? Like he cared.

"I guess you can stay here." He shrugged.

"You are letting me stay here?" I asked, surprised.

"I'm not that mean, Dinah." For the first time, he had called me by my name. I had never heard him say it and it sounded sexy coming from him. "Just scoot over because I am going to lay in the bed, I'll be right back though." He said and grabbed something from a drawer and headed towards his personal bathroom.

I was looking at the cover of the book I had been reading before, then Mike got out of the restroom with nothing but sweatpants on. And I mean nothing because I could literally see the outline of his member. I swallowed the saliva that was stuck in my throat and looked away from him, suddenly taking an interest in the hardwood floors.

"I don't know if Kara will finish partying anytime soon, so I suggest you relax or something. She will surely not be able to drive." He said to me, and I turned to him but I think I shouldn't have because he was staring right at me with his glorious torso on display. I looked down at it and my mouth was literally watering, then I went further down, but I soon as I saw his outline once again, I immediately looked into his eyes, but he had a smirk on his face. He had caught me checking him out.

"I can drive." I said to him.

"Well, it's almost twelve and you look tired, so might as well sleep over. Kara will probably pass out in one of the guys' bedrooms, who are kind enough to lend their rooms. But trust me, Kara is into this guy, and I'm pretty sure she won't leave anytime soon, I mean, you're her best friend, you know her pretty well." He said.

"You're right. Maybe I should just head home... ugh, but she has the keys, right?" I asked. He immediately turned away from me and nodded.

"You can crash here. I have some clothes you can borrow if you want." He said, heading towards his drawer.

"Nah, its fine. I'll just sleep in this." I said as I pointed to the clothes I was wearing.

"Trust me, it is not comfortable sleeping in jeans, so here you go." He said and handed me some of his clothes. I headed towards his bathroom and closed the door behind me. He had only given me one of his t-shirts. What was I supposed to wear under it? Nothing?

I took off all my clothes, including my bra, and leaving only my panties on. When I put on the t-shirt, I was thankful it reached mid-thigh. Thank God, he wasn't going to see my panties. I got out of the restroom and saw that he was sitting by the edge of the bed reading a book. He looked so sexy like that and I wanted to jump on him.

I placed my clothes on a chair that was near his desk. When I turned to look at him, he was already looking at me and I saw his eyes roaming my body. I felt insecure, so I covered myself with my arms. I knew he wasn't used to seeing a girl my size. The girls he was with were always either size zero or two. The max was size four. I am a size six, and yes, I am not fat, but compared to those girls, I was plus size. But I loved myself like this. I am healthy and I exercise constantly and I feel good, but under his gaze and knowing the girls he has been with, I felt insecure. And I am also curvy, so that even made me more insecure in front of him.

"Um." He cleared his throat. "Which side do you want, I don't really have a favorite." He said, looking elsewhere other than me. He then got a pillow and placed it in his lap. Which was weird.

"Um, I thought I was sleeping on the floor." I answered.

"No. There's plenty of room in my bed. We will fit perfectly. Now get in." He demanded. He sounded exactly like Kara.

"Fine." I said and walked over to the bed and got in. He walked over to the wall and turned off the lights, then he walked over to the bed and got in as well.

"Are you warm enough? Do you need another blanket?" He asked me.

"No, I'm fine." I said, then we stayed quiet for a moment. "Why are you being nice to me?" I asked him.

He turned his body towards me and just stared. "Like I said, I am not mean. Yes, I might be rude to you, but I am not inconsiderate in these types of situations. Plus, it is late and I am nicer when it is late." He said to me.

"Well, then I should see you more often during night time." I joked.

"I wouldn't mind." He whispered, but I heard him loud and clear.

"So, you admit it?" I asked him.

"What?"

"You admit that you are always rude to me?" I said.

"Well, I am, aren't I? You know we don't get along." I felt him shrug.

"Why is that, exactly?" I asked.

"Don't really know, but let's not get in too deep. Just go to sleep Lowry. Good night."

"Good night,Everman." I said and felt myself drift off to sleep.