Chapter Five

That night, I waited in mine and Ibuki's dorm for Makoto. Ibuki was painting her nails black.

"I don't see why you're taking all this time to look nice, it's just bowling."

"Well, I want to look nice for 'just bowling' now, what colour nails do you want?"

"I don't know if there's time."

"Fine, at least let me do your eyeliner."

"...No, thank you."

Ibuki was great at eyeliner, and she always looked great, her style would just look a bit wrong on me.

"I'll keep it simple, I promise."

I looked at the clock, Makoto shouldn't be here for a while. 

"...Fine."

"Yes! Okay, come over here."

"Aren't you nails still wet?"

"Nah, you'll be fine."

I sat still as Ibuki drew eyeliner on me.

"Should I be nervous?"

"No, I told you, I'm really super good at eyeliner!"

"No, I mean about Makoto."

"Oh, um, I wouldn't say so, no. You know it's not a date, right?"

"Yeah, I know. It just might be awkward in the car and stuff."

"Girl, it's a five minute ride at most. Just use your charm and you'll be fine."

"Charm?"

"Yeah, you know," Ibuki put the eyeliner down. "Hey Makoto, I hope we have a blast bowling together tonight. Ahahaha."

"I do not sound like that. And what was that laugh at the end?"

"I don't know, you don't talk to anyone so how should I know how you'd talk to him?"

"I talk to you a lot."

"Yeah but all we talk about is him pretty much."

"Whatever."

"Anyways, when's your boyfriend coming to get you?"

"Not my boyfriend, and he should be here pretty soon."

"Alright, I'll just stay here with you until he get's here."

I was watching Ibuki make a tower of school supplies when there was a knock at the door. Ibuki jumped, causing her to knock her tower over. 

"Aw, your date made me knock it over."

"It's not a date, you even said so yourself."

Ibuki shrugged and kicked the remains of the tower aside.

I opened the door where Makoto was standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, hey, Kyoko," he awkwardly ran a hand through his hair. "I guess you're ready then? I mean, if you're not I can wait, I just thought-"

"Yes, Naegi, I am ready, we can leave then."

"Actually," I buki said coming behind me. "Can I have a word with you? It'll just be a second."

"Sure," I let Ibuki pull me back into the room. 

"If you like him, you have to start acting like it."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know! Be nicer for one?"

"I am nice!"

"I would keep talking, but poor Makoto looks so uncomfortable standing alone, go with him and act like you like him."

I sighed, and walked back to Makoto. "All right, we can go, then?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course, come I'll show you where my car is."

I followed him outside and to his car, where he opened my door for me. I blushed and got in.

"So, what kind of music you like?" Makoto asked, starting the car.

"I like most things. Sharing a room with Ibuki, you kind of have to."

Makoto laughed. "Yeah, I guess so. You like bowling?"

"I think I went once when I was younger, but I can't really remember it. What about you?"

"Oh, I've gone a few times when I was younger. I was never that good, but I loved it."

I smiled imagining a younger Makoto having the time of his life bowling.

"Hey, you are the ultimate lucky student, so maybe you'll win."

Makoto laughed, "Yeah, getting in our school seems to be as far as my luck goes, though. Not like that Komaeda guy, his luck is incredible."

"Well, I'm glad you had enough luck to get in."

"Yeah, me too."

We fell into a comfortable silence before he pulled up to the bowling alley.

"Well, we made it," He opened his door and stepped out.

Word count- 628