Chapter Four

Ibuki and I sat in our dorm laughing harder than I have in my entire life. Ibuki picked up a ton of monster energy drinks at the store and I've never seen her more filled with energy.  I laughed, I swear she got drunk off these things.

"Okay, so if you were trapped i a room with three people from school, who'd you choose?"

This one I didn't have an answer to. Ibuki was my best friend, and I didn't want to say Makoto, and even then there's only three people.

"Okay, you, I guess."

"You guess?" Ibuki laughed. She was laughing for no reason.

"No, I didn't mean that, I meant you. And Makoto maybe."

Ibuki choked. "Makoto? I didn't realize you were friends."

"I mean, kind of."

"Okay, who else? Byakuya?"

"What? Why him?"

"I thought you two had a thing."

"A thing?"

"Yeah, you know. Like, you liked each other but you weren't official, but you basically were."

"No, I can't stand him!"

"Then why so much playful banter?"

"I don't even know what you're talking about anymore."

"Sure you don't."

"Fine, wanna know something?"

"Of course I do!" Ibuki looked at me excitedly.

"I might kind of like Makoto."

"I knew it!"

I looked away to hide my blush.

"How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you liked him?"

"I don't know. Apparently everyone else has known longer than I have."

Ibuki laughed. "Like who?"

"Well, in class this morning Byakuya said something about it and Makoto acts weird around me so-"

"He acts weird around you? Like how? That could be perfect proof he likes you! Man, Kyoko aren't you supposed to be the detective here?"

"Oh, shut up. I just mean he usually talks with a lot more expression and hand movements around me."

"And they say you're the smart one in this friendship."

"What?"

"He's nervous around you because he likes you! And you've been dropping zero hints."

"Since when have you been smart?"

"Since always, Kyoko. Also I've dated before, have you even?"

"Well- no."

"Knew it."

I jokingly rolled my eyes, "Oh, whatever."

"Hey! I know what we should do! We should go to class!"

"Well that's the first time you've ever suggested that."

"Shut up. I just mean if we go to class we can see Makoto!"

"Why do you want to see him?"

"So I can get you two together, duh. C'mon, I think the period just started, we can make it! And look at that, we only skipped one class."