Chapter 13

⚠ Trigger warning for those who don't like the mentioning of bullying.

• • •

Tori's face paled when she saw the person standing in front of the class. "Hello, I'm Myoga Miyu. Please take care of me."

When the new student and Tori made eye contact, Myoga smirked. On the other hand, Tori's hand shook as she remembered her junior high.

• • •

"Please, stop!" Tori pleaded at the several girls kicking her.

They laughed at her pleads and made fun of her state. "How pathetic!"

The leader of their group, Myoga, smirked as she watched the scene. "Why should we stop? We are just getting started!"

"Why are you doing this?!" Tori cried out.

"Why don't you try to guess?" She asked.

"I never did anything to you!" Tori reasoned.

Myoga scowled at her reply. "Nothing?! You stole Yamato from me! How dare you say you didn't do anything?! You deserve this!"

"What are you talking about?! I don't even talk to him!"

Myoga stopped her friends from kicking Tori. Before Tori could sigh in relief, Myoga slapped her to the point of her tasting blood in her mouth. Tori looked at her with wide eyes while Myoga glared at her. "I'm not letting you off until I am satisfied with your punishment."

Ever since then, her group constantly bullied her and Tori somehow managed to keep it from her brother. However, Kageyama has spotted the scene of their bullying and was about to inform Oikawa. Tori stopped him from doing so that Kageyama instead stuck to her side, not allowing the bullies to approach her.

• • •

Tori avoided looking at her during the whole class period. When it was break time, she dragged Kageyama with her to the vending machine, not giving Myoga a chance to approach her. Kageyama was confused by her actions but did not question her.

Time passed by quickly and Tori does not even remember what happened in school and during their club. She does not even know how she managed to do her tasks. The only thing she realized was that she was walking home with Kageyama until she burst out into tears.

Kageyama was startled by her tears, but he hugged her just like the last time and rubbed her back in comfort. Tori managed to calm down and told him why she was acting this way. That was when he finally recognized the new student. She was the head of the group that used to bully Tori. Kageyama frowned as he promised to stay by her side just like their previous days in junior high.

• • •

Everything was going somehow smoothly until one day Kageyama was called out by the teacher that he had to leave Tori alone. Myoga used this opportunity to approach Tori and drag her to an isolated area. Myoga slammed Tori to the wall with a smirk. "I didn't think I will see you here, Tori."

Tori ignored her by turning her head away. However, Myoga grabbed her chin and forced her to face her. "Who told you that you can look away from me?"

Tori did not say anything as she bit her lips. 

Myoga smirked as she patted Tori's cheek roughly. "I wonder what I should do with you."

Tori's hands shook at her words as she remembered her nightmare days.

"Should I ruin that pretty face of yours that stole Yamato away from me?"

Tori's eyes widened in terror. "W-What...?"

Myoga licked her lips as she roughly let go of Tori, making her fall to the ground. Before Tori could recover from the fall, Myoga approached her again with a wooden stick in her hand as she stepped on her torso.

"Let me wipe off that face permanently," she laughed.

Tori struggled all her might to escape from her, but she was way stronger than she was. Before she realized it, Myoga slammed the wooden stick to her head. 

Tori screamed in pain as she felt hot liquid flowing down her head. Meanwhile, Myoga clicked her tongue in annoyance. "I missed."

She smiled at Tori as she looked down at her. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to aim for your face this time."

Myoga raised the wooden stick high above the air, ready to slam it back at her. Tori continued to struggle, but she was beginning to lose consciousness. Before she was consumed by darkness, she heard several footsteps rushing over to her and saw Myoga's panicked expression.