Chapter 3

Tori was trying to think about where can Hinata and Kageyama practice before the day of the mini-match, but it was quickly solved thanks to Tanaka and Suga. Kageyama and Hinata were able to practice in the gym in secret every morning.

Every time Tori watched them practice, she couldn't help but feel bad for Hinata. Kageyama was quite harsh with his words about not tossing the ball to him. However, she was glad that Hinata was not the one who gives up without a fight.

• • •

That night, Kageyama and Hinata were still practicing receiving at the schoolyard. Tori was watching them as she cheered Hinata on since he was trying to improve. Everything was going quite peaceful until a tall, blonde guy and a green-haired guy walked towards them.

Tori, at first, decided to not pay attention to them until she realized how the blonde guy was basically picking a fight with Kageyama regarding his nickname, "King of Court." It was the nickname Kageyama hated and probably could even consider it as his trauma. 

"What are you? Five? Why are you picking a fight with someone randomly? What a horrible hobby you have," she said as she stood between Kageyama and the blonde guy. "Stop bothering us and continue on your way."

The blonde guy gave her a look before scoffing. "It does not even relate with you. Why are you stepping in between? What, are you the queen of this king?"

"You can tell that he doesn't like that nickname, so stop mentioning it. Did your parents not teach you manners? Even elementary kids know when to stop."

The blonde scoffed in annoyance and left with his friend chasing after him. "Wait for me, Tsukki!"

Tori glared in the direction they head off to. "What is his problem?"

Kageyama glared in the direction as well as his mood has dropped drastically thanks to the reminder of his nickname from junior high.

• • •

On the day of the match, Tori stared at the two familiar figures in disbelief. "They were also part of the volleyball club?"

It was the blonde guy and green-haired guy from the previous night. 

"I'm Tsukishima Kei," the blonde introduced himself.

"I-I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi!" The green-haired guy said.

Tori glared at their way briefly before turning back to Kageyama and Hinata who were getting ready along with Tanaka. Then the whistle was blown, indicating the start of the match.

During the match, Tori frowned at the sight of Tsukishima picking a fight with Kageyama regarding his nickname just like the night before. She didn't understand what was his problem with Kageyama when they have never met before. Why was he acting childish?

As Tori's annoyance began to stack up, she was only able to calm down when she saw Kageyama calming down as he looked determined. Kageyama then whispered to Hinata. Whatever it was, Hinata nodded while Tanaka yelled in disbelief. Whatever their plan was, it only worked for the first time. Hinata continued to get smacked by the ball on the face instead. 

"Whatever your plan was, it is only causing Hinata to receive with his face," Tori told Kageyama.

Kageyama did not say anything and glanced at his hands for a moment before turning to Hinata. He then told him to jump the highest he can where there were no blockers without looking at the ball.

Hinata nodded, but Tori furrowed in confusion. She didn't know if it was going to work. How was Hinata going to spike the ball without looking at it? Does that mean Kageyama is going to toss the ball at the exact pinpoint? As questions filled her mind, she just shook her head with a smile. This was Kageyama she was talking about. He was definitely going to make it work.

Then just as how Kageyama instructed, Hinata jumped high where there were no blockers and swung his arm. In a blink of an eye, the ball was slammed to the other side of the court. Everyone stood there in shock while Hinata exclaimed excitedly.

"Hinata, did you just close your eyes?!" Tori yelled in shock.

She might have imagined Kageyama tossing exactly at the pinpoint and trusted him to do it, but she didn't think it will work right away. Also, Hinata closing his eyes, proved how perfect Kageyama just tossed the ball.

Everyone looked at her then back at Hinata with wide eyes. Kageyama was astonished as well, but since it worked, that was going to be their strategy to win against Tsukishima's team.

• • •

Thanks to their new weapon, Kageyama's team was able to win. Tori cheered in excitement as the four of the first-years were now officially part of the volleyball club. As Tori was congratulating Hinata and Kageyama, Takeda sensei rushed in excitedly. "We got a practice match with Aoba Johsai!"

Everyone was surprised while Kageyama and Tori became tense. She could tell this was her brother's doing. 

"There is a condition though. They wanted Kageyama-kun to play the entire match."

Tori sighed as her prediction was right. Who else in Seijoh would want to go against Kageyama aside from her brother? She glanced at Kageyama before softly calling out his name, "Tobio."

He glanced at her and nodded. They knew it was going to be a tough match.

• • •

"Nii-chan, it was you, wasn't it?!" Tori confronted her brother as soon as she arrived home.

"Of course! I just wanted to see how much my unadorable junior improved," Oikawa said with a fake smile.

Tori glared at her brother. "Don't bully him!"

Oikawa clenched his heart as he fell to his knees dramatically. "How can you say that to your nii-chan?! I am not a bully!"

Tori gave him a look of disgust before going into her room, leaving Oikawa alone.

"Huh?! Wait, Tori!"