Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 10

Ussop’s p.o.v (Hours Later)

What a peaceful morning. This is the perfect way to start my adventure: out of danger. “Hey Azmaria, want to hear a story? I just recalled the one when I singlehandedly saved a village from being trampled by giants!” I grinned, polishing my marble ammo for target practice.

She was writing in her book again. Honestly, I know she wants to make her contribution but since she started writing after breakfast this morning, on my first morning away too. Those bags under her eyes say she hasn’t slept much either. She’s written ten pages nonstop now since she came out of her room. And she sketched the Going Merry inside and out.

She looked up with gleaming eyes. “Really? I want to write it down!” she said, going into her bag and getting the notebook where she wrote the other story I told her in. She said she wants to write in as many as she can.

“Luffy, you want in too?” I called out. He was accustomed to sitting on the head of the ship. He looked over, and stretched his arms to grab onto the mast and was flung over. I screamed and jumped out of the way before he collided into me. I’d rather he hit the mast instead but he let go just in time.

Azmaria hurried over too. She said we could call her Rune but I think it’ll get phased out soon. It was the nickname from the village she lived on. It was a life she left behind. She’s one of us now and that’s who this Azmaria is. Although I’m not quite sure I’m one of us yet. I began to tell my story as everyone listened.

I finished my story, proud of the tale I told. As Azmaria and Luffy applauded, I bowed. “Azmaria, there’s still hope for you. Don’t listen to this fool” Nami sighed.

“Hey!” I was offended. She can be so harsh with her words.

“I know it’s not real, but they’re so much fun to hear! It’s fun, right Ussop?” she asked while smiling at me. I gave her a thumbs up meaning that I approved of her statement. “You’re quite the hero, Ussop” she said, almost coldly as the sunny and warm hearty atmosphere darkened. In contrast and in the air. The sun was clouded away and it became cold in an instant. “…It was too bad you couldn’t save me”

I snapped my head to look at her. She disappeared and a storm brewed around the ship. Lightning and clouds as dark as black and everyone surrounded me. They cornered me, and they had a dark look in their eyes. All had ice cold glares. Nami had her rod ready in her hands, Luffy was cracking his knuckles and Zoro had the devil’s grin and used his thumb to flash the blade of his sword, ready to pull it out.

“Azmaria’s gone back to her unstable household all because you were weak” Nami spat.

“Azmaria was our friend! I thought she was yours too!” Luffy snapped at me

“She’s probably being tortured right now. You saw all those scars on her. If she has to live through all of that…can you?” Zoro threatened. They were going to kill me! I reached but my slingshot was gone!

“No!” I yelled, sitting up and panting. I was dripping with sweat and fear. I looked down to see bandages on my arms and that I was on a warm bed. I looked up to see the same trio. And braced myself by grabbing my slingshot on the table and aiming at Zoro. Last thing I saw in that nightmare was that he was ready to slice me before Luffy got the first punch that awoke the living daylights out of me. But he was restraining Luffy and holding his mouth. But why? I realized that my body was in pain. I dropped my weapon and held my head. “What happened?” I asked.

“We were hoping you’d tell us.” Nami said, sitting on the edge of the bed. “You’re the only one who knows anything about Azmaria’s kidnapping and then you passed out on us. We went looking for clues in the meantime. That guy didn’t take away your timespan, did he?”