Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 5

-          Sometime later     -

We have been sailing for days, not that I was complaining. Of course, Nami was. It was a nice morning on our new ship that Miss Kaya was so kind to have given us. It was early dawn. I woke up so early because I had a nightmare about back home. I guess my memories of that bad past isn’t put behind me yet. Oh well, at least it got me to see a beautiful sunrise. Not long after had I fallen asleep on the deck though. I was awoken by a light shake. It was Ussop.

“You came out rather early this morning didn’t you, Rune?” he smiled.

“I guess. How are you, Ussop?”

“I’m good. I was just thinking about the time I had to save the village with nothing but my slingshot and tomato’s.” I knew he was lying, but his stories were so much fun to hear. I’ve taken the liberty of writing his tales down.

“Do tell! Please, Ussop?”

“Okay, if you insist.” We sat down on the deck. “I thought it was a regular Sunday afternoon back home, my usual deeds, hanging out with the veggies and this was before Miss Kaya got ill, when she could roam the streets. But it was different.”

“Different how?” I questioned.

“A group of random peddlers came into town. At first it was odd that they would even come to rest here, but no one paid that any heed. What tipped off my curiosity a week later was, that things were being stolen from stores. The peddlers were always by the stores too. I realized this right away, but of course when I told everyone, only the veggies believed me! But they had some appointments that day, so it was up to me.” He recited from his mind.

“So what did you do?” I asked, writing all of this down.

“I first had to back away to my usual thinking spot to come up with a plan. I knew that it would be the wrong thing to do, criminal or no, to use my pinballs since they were so roughed up. It could’ve been shot at one’s eyes, or down the throat, or another painful place. I have a heart, so I decided to use tomatoes instead. Of course, I had none with me and the peddlers were too far from the vegetable stand, which is kind of odd considering that a tomato is a fruit…but anyways, that made me have to buy a load! I was broke after that and I’m not lying since I will never involve my own expenses in my tale tales.”

“No worries, I believe you if you say you became broke.” I giggled.

“Anyways, So I ambushed the leader! Smeared in slingshoted tomatoes, I got him to confess. But his hat accidently fell off and long hair came out! The leader was a girl!” he stated.

“You couldn’t tell?”

“Not with the way her trench coat her covered her and her hair was in a hat. If I’d have known she was a girl I wouldn’t have shot her. It’s against my code to hurt girls unless they were truly evil or mean old hags, you know?” I nodded. “She started to cry and apologize. I listened to her story well. She said in the next town, her brother needs surgery, and she needed the money so she stole from us and went to the pawn shop to get the money. She grabbed my wrist and ran all the way to the next town and all the way to her home. We ran for a straight half hour! But her story appeared to be true. We went back home to settle the matter and the villagers were mad but they accepted it and let her keep the money for the surgery. She came back about two months later to thanks everybody with her brother in perfect health.  This was a true story. I swear on my mother’s grave.” He placed a hand over his heart.

“Wow! You’re such a nice guy Ussop!” said a voice from behind.

“Oh, good morning Luffy.” I said.