Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 2

The Straw Hats Crew p.o.v.

Ever since we picked up Nami, we had a better boat. Well, it wasn’t that much better considering that it was just another tiny boat connected by rope to ours. If you’re wondering whose narrating, I’m the former pirate hunter Zoro who is soon to be the world’s greatest swordsman.  On this tiny ship, I’m not alone. My shipmates are the captain and the navigator.

Our navigator, Nami is a thief who seems to have something against pirates, thus the reason why she declined the offer of being in this crew at first. She doesn’t want to be considered a pirate yet, she sails the sea and steals. She seems like a pirate in my book.

 Anyways, the other shipmate is my odd captain Monkey D. Luffy. By odd, I mean he’s a happy-go-lucky idiot. He’s got a bottomless pit for a stomach and doesn’t know how to take no for an answer. Another thing is that he ate the cursed fruit, the gum-gum fruit to be exact and has become a rubber man that would sink to the bottom of the ocean if he were to fall into the water as a side effect. His ultimate goal is to become king of the pirates and have the best crew of friends there could ever be. His trademark is the straw hat he wears that the great pirate Shanks had given him when he was a child. That basically sums up the crew so far.

 If Luffy sees somebody with pirate potential in them, there will be no stopping him on getting whoever it is on this crew. Taking me and Nami for an example. Luffy promised me that if he could get my swords before the navy executed me, I would join his crew. Of course, at the time I believed since he said crew there was one, as you can tell I turned out to be the first mate. But I did swear that if this gets in the way of my swordsman training, he would be rubber mincemeat. Luffy said he wouldn’t have it any other way. Getting Nami in this crew is a different story though. Nami hates it when it’s mentioned, so I’ll keep my mouth shut.

“Hey, Nami? What’s that over there?” I asked looking at a speck in the middle of the ocean we were sailing upon.

“That’s our destination. Cyral Island. I’m sick and tired of seeing the ocean, time to finally walk on some land!” she replied back.

“That means we can finally have something else to eat! Food! We got to get to Cyrus Island now!” the ecstatic captain yelled.

“It’s Cyral Island, not Cyrus Island you dolt!” Nami yelled whacking Luffy hard in the back of the head.

“Luffy, how can you mess up such a simple name? And how long will it take to get their? I’m sick of eating fruit.” I asked.

“Me too! I want real food! Like meat! Maybe we’ll find a chef there or maybe a musician! What else we need for our crew, we’ll definitely find it! ” Luffy exclaimed

“I swear that food is all that consumes your brains!”Nami yelled back. “I understand having a chef but, why a musician? We need more that, like an army of pirates that can fight! Or people with brains… Geez, you really don’t think this through, do you?” And with that, we landed on shore. “Ah! Finally, I get to walk on dry land!” Nami said.

“But where do we eat?” I asked.

“Come on, let’s go. I want food! Food! I-Hey, who’s that?” Luffy asked, pointing west from us.

Judging by her long hair, it was obvious it was a girl. She came running and  was by doing aerials, flips, and cartwheels. More flexible than most girls. When she landed in front of us, I noticed an x-shaped scar on her face. By the smudges of blood it must be new. She looked so happy and curious to see us. "Hello, what brings you to Cyral Island?" She asked.

"Whoa! How'd you do that?! So cool!" Luffy said cheerfully, jumping up and down on the spot.

"Is there someplace to eat?" I asked, starving.