Chapter 13: Kitchen Pranks

You had woken up bright and early the next morning, but Loki told you nothing was on the agenda; including group meals. So naturally, the maids delivered breakfast shortly after you awoke.

    "Why is there nothing planned for today?" You quizzed once the maids scurried out of the room.

     "I meant there is nothing planned for us. I cleared the day because I know how much this move and the arranged marriage is stressing you, darling," Loki explained as he began to pour salt and pepper over his eggs.

    "You didn't have to do that," you mumbled as you began to cut into your food.

    "You deserved it." He told you confidently. While you ate it finally dawned on you. You were going to have to marry Loki. You were still young and in no way ready for marriage.

    There was so much you hadn't done. Back on Alfheim, you had just gotten approved to build tiny homes for the homeless. After the war, many innocent citizens were left without homes and/or jobs. Your brothers weren't even married yet and they were hundreds of years older than you.

    "What's bothering you?" Loki's smooth tone cut through your thoughts, bringing you back to reality.

    "What are you talking about? I'm fine," you lied and continued to eat.

     "I've been talking to you this entire time and you haven't responded once," he scolded.

    "Do you want to pull a prank?" You changed the subject and swiveled your head to look at him. He furrowed his eyebrows and finished what he was chewing on before responding.

    "Darling, I would love to, but that's what got us into the mess in the first place." He admitted.

    "What do you mean?" You inquired.

    "Odin and my mother hoped that if we marry, you would 'knock some sense into me'," he informed you.

    "Exactly! If the Allfather sees that even with me here that your still a mischievous scamp then maybe he'll call of the wedding and find a different approach!" You exclaimed.

    "Y/n that is truly brilliant, come on," he pulled you out of bed and dragged you into the  corridor of the castle.

    "I told you I wasn't an idiot," you sighed and dusted off the base of your nightgown. Guards starred to making their rounds down your hall. In a moment of panic, Loki pushed you against the wall and covered your mouth. The guards marched by without even glancing in your direction.

    Once they were gone, Loki removed his hand and all the saliva you left on it, "I agreed that you weren't idiot but your still a selfless one." He reminded you of last night in the kitchen.

    "Your selfless idiot," you told him jokingly.

    "My selfless idiot," he chuckled and draped his harm over your shoulder.

"So what are we thinking? What kind of prank should we pull?" You asked, with a grin.

"Well, the maids should be cleaning up after breakfast, so we can slip into the kitchen and swap some ingredients," Loki suggested.

"Sounds great, let's go," you dragged him down the hallway and gladly followed. You creaked the door of the dining hall open and slipped into the vacant kitchen, careful not to be seen by any maids. Loki clicked the lock of the kitchen and you got to work.

    The first task was swapping the salt and sugar. Loki lifted the large jar of sugar off of the top shelf of the pantry while you searched for the salt shakers and cooking salt. In a separate bowl, he dumped the sugar and waited for you to hand him each salt shaker.

    He poured them carefully then rinsed them. Then you would carefully scoop sugar into the empty ones until eventually, everything was swapped.

    The next items were the milk and coffee creamer. Similar for what you did with the salt and sugar, there was a middle container for the transferring process.

    The two of you placed everything back in their exact spots before slipping back out, through the dining hall and down the hallway.

*

This chapter is purely the reason this book exists

Olivia <3