~ GRAMMYS ~

*HARRY'S POV*

"Oh, my." Louis' voice cuts my conversation with Jeff and I turn to around to find him basically gawking at my outfit.

"Did I not tell you it'd be better than a dress?"

"No, but how do you look good in everything? It's not fair." He fakes a frown and I laugh before kissing his cheek as he walks forward to hug me. "I don't think I am ready for the world to see you like this."

"I don't think you'd ever be if you were given the choice."

"True." He laughs before he seems to kick into his senses and greets Jeff and Helena.

"You remember our deal, right?" He says to Helena as all of us sit down on the couches at the corner of the dressing room and wait for the show manager to give us the get go, and I roll my eyes. Helena, after all these years, is obviously aware of not only Louis and I, but also Zayn and Liam as well as Niall and Olivia. She was actually the photographer at Niall's wedding and she is definitely one of our closer friends back from the band.

Louis has had this 'deal' with her since years and years – he always makes sure that Helena clicks one 'candid' picture of me that he can have all to himself, like his cheeky little secret. I never deny it partly because I can never guess when Helena will take that one photo on the perfect moment and partly because I love the fact that Louis has found this way of not only cherishing this memory from every single notable event in my life but also how this is his way of feeling as if he was there.

It breaks my heart that he can't be by my side with everything I do, but I keep reminding myself that it's not entirely true, that he is still by my side, just not in public and that it's not for a long time now.

"Of course, Louis. Have I ever forgotten?"

"Fair enough, fair enough." He says and our conversation is halted after a few minutes yet again – only this time by one of the managers.

"Alright, go time in 5 minutes." Jeff says to the few people now milling around us and everyone sets to work – everyone but me.

"Hazza, you ready?"

"Nuh uh." I mutter as one of the assistant stylists makes me stand in front of the mirror to make sure the outfit is perfect in every possible aspect and I keep staring into space thinking about all the things that have the potential of going wrong – I could forget the choreography, I could forget the lyrics, I could mess up the vocals, I could fuck up my high notes, I could do something very stupid on stage.

"Alright there, Grammy winner?"

I could let Louis just calm me down and keep on holding him until I absolutely have to go on stage.

"Sort of." I mutter as one of the stylists – Bethany – sprays just a little bit of hair spray so that they keep in place.

"It's okay to be nervous."

"What if I mess it up?" I say like a child and Louis takes my hand in his, bringing it up to his face and kissing the knuckles.

"You won't, love. You've sung this song about a thousand times at least, and you've been rehearsing for the past 2 months. It's going to be fine."

"What if I somehow tear my clothes during the performance or something like that, though?"

"Hazza." Louis says and I take a deep breath, my eyes closed and my hands grasping Louis' tightly.

"I'm scared."

"That's natural, but don't go on doubting yourself. You're amazing and you know it. Time to prove it to the world for the one millionth time." He says and I roll my eyes and hide my face in the crook of his neck as he leans up to hug me one last time before I have to go on stage. "All the best, darling. You'll do great."

"Thanks, babe. I love you." I say with a quick peck, my heart still beating just a tad bit faster at the contact even after all these years and with his beautiful smile and the words he said ironed into every crevice of my mind, I walk onto stage and just like that, the worries slip away as I close my eyes right before the lights go on, the tune of the song in my ears and the feeling of Louis' hand in mine making me feel more and more confident with every passing second and the words flow as easily out of me as breathing as the tune picks up and so do my spirits.

~~

A/N. SO FUCKING CUTE. ALSO, THROWBACK TO HARRY'S PERFORMANCE AT THE GRAMMY'S BECAUSE THAT WAS FUCKING ICONIC. THE FEATHER BOA'S COLOUR IS CALLED LOUIS GREEN, JUST IN CASE ANYONE FORGOT THAT TEENSY LITTLE DETAIL. :')

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! <3

~ Love, T.