Chapter Two

"Hail, hail!

The gangs all here!" From Pirates of Penzance

Chapter Two

Some time had passed when Robin returned with a simple dress made of pale green linen that matched my eyes. Seeking cover behind the storage shelves I shrugged it on. Stuffing my clothes into my backpack I heard Robin say,

"Here's a pouch to put your things in. That strange pack you are carrying must be hidden away, you know. No questions."

Assenting, I took the pouch from him; big enough to hold my important items besides it could be belted around my waist. As I walked a fair distance from the camp, I found a good hiding place; some rocks piled by a large tree would do well. Covering the pack with rocks, I thought this would be easy to come back to. Some time later, I could get into my Mepad, Then I returned to the camp.

There everything was a bustle; the gang had returned from their mission of mercy. Introductions were made and soon curiosity got the better of them.

"Little' John asked if my father was Ian MacLeod and of course I said yes, since that is his name I didn't have to lie. John was a big man with a salt and pepper beard which gave him the appearance of a kind but able-bodied man. He went on about how the MacLeods were great warriors and Ian was a legend. I was getting a little self-conscious over this, when someone, I think the one called Allan asked how did I come to be here. Allan was handsome with blue eyes almost as deep as Guy's. He was wiry , with a sprout of beard and mustache. Robin answered his question.

"We found her on our way back here. Her horse had thrown her and ran off. She was barely conscious.. Having revived her, we found out who she was and I remembered that she used to live in Locksley and was a good friend of Guy's."

"Yes, said Guy, clapping me on the shoulder as if to say 'you asked for it', "my best friend with whom I teased all the neighboring Lord's sons . She used to shoot at them with her slingshot!" I assumed this must be true because Guy relayed the information with such confidence. I just smiled and went along with it.

"You couldn't have been more that fifteen." he said, looking at me mischievously.

I had to say something so I stammered,

"Uhum, yes I believe so. But you," I said, punching him on the arm. "You were more trouble than me."

"Oh no." he replied. "My mother was always telling me to go find Aylaina. She's probably gotten herself in a mess with those boys."

Robin said with recollection, "I remember that about you, Aylaina. But I remember you helping me out of a few scrapes of my own."

"Robin was a bit full of himself in those days. Always puffed up about what a great archer he was." Guy said with some annoyance.

"I hope you still have your slingshot skills, Aylaina." Robin ignored Guy's remark.

"I do." I said truthfully. "Don't worry about that."

"How lovely. He has a friend!" A pretty young girl said and stomped away. I realized this was "Kate" of whom Robin spoke of earlier. He got up and went after her.

The mood changed to a more sober exchange between the rest of the gang and me.

"If you know Guy then you must know the sheriff." said Much, the one who always called Robin 'Master'.

I was confused. "Why would I know the sheriff?"

"She's Guy's sister, Isabella." Allan answered.