Wolf

Serena's POV

I wake up and its dark outside. i can hear the rain pelting against my bedroom window, drowning out the sound of my alarm clock. i reach over and turn it off and lay back down. i hurt all over from last nights beating. Dinner was late because i had to take care of my two year old baby brother Atticus like i do every night. Dad cam home drunk as usual and punished me for dinner being late. Let me introduce myself, I'm Serenity Anne Montgomery. but people call me Serena. i am seventeen years old and my father Damien Arnold Montgomery is the alpha of the moonlight pack. a local pack in Michigan. its just me, my dad, my twin brother Dresden Arnold Montgomery, and my two year old baby brother Atticus lee Montgomery. my mom died when Atticus was born. thats when the beatings started. Dad blamed me for moms death.

*flashback*

I'm in my room tucked in bed watching reruns on TV. I'm sick and dad and Dresden are in the front yard playing football. my mom is a week away from having my new babg brother, Atticus Lee Montgomery. she walks over and kisses my forehead, "I'll be back soon baby, I'm going to go get groceries, and pick up your medicine. i won't be gone long." she says, then leaves. i soon fall into a blissful sleep.

.............

i wake up later and its dark outside. "Mom?" i ask. "Shhh...it's okay baby. its daddy." dad says, walking over to me. "Where's mom?" i ask. "She hasnt gotton home yet. Dont worry baby, go back to sleep." he says kissing the top of my head and leaving the room. i sigh and fall back to sleep.

..........

i wake up and climb out of bed, making my way into the kitchen. i stop in my tracks when i see dad sitting at the table with a letter in his hand and tears staining his face. my twin brother Dresden is sitting next to dad, tears staining his cheeks to. i walk in, "Dad? where's mom?" i ask. Dresden gets up and walks over to me pulling me into a hug. he starts crying again. "What's wrong Dresden? Where's mom?" i ask, again. i look over at dad, who's just sitting there staring down at the letter. "Daddy?" i ask. he looks up at me, fresh tears running down his face. "What is it dad?" i ask. he just hands me the letter. it must have been bad if dads crying. dad never cries. NEVER. i take the letter and open and read it.

Alpha Damien,

We have Mariska. We have her i. a secluded place where no one will ever find her. i told you i would get my revenge on you for taking her from me. you stole her from me and turned her against me! for that you will pay! Also if you even try to find me or Mariska, then i will have her die a slow and painful death. and i will kill your baby, and twins. oh what are there names? I believe they are Dresden Arnold Montgomery, and Serenity Anne Montgomery. Revenge is sweet!

-Sky

my breath caught in my throat and i started to cry. who is Sky? why did he takd my mom? What is he going to do to her? what is he going to dk to Atticus? and what wi he do to me and Dresden if he finds us? What was he talking about revenge? What did my dad ever do to this man? And what does it have to do with my mother? all of these questions ran through my head a hundred miles per hour. Finally i found my voice, "Why? Who is Sky? Why did he take mom? What does he want from us? What is he going to do to mom and Atticus? What will he do to us if he finds me and Dresden? What did you ever do to him? And what does it have to do with mom? Why does he want revenge?" i ask. He just stood there staring at me. Tears falling down his face. But he didnt say anything. "What is this about dad?" i ask. He reaches out and pulls me into his lap and hugged me."I dont know baby. I just don't know." he says just below a whisper. Then he started crying again.

*End of Flashback.*