02

the next morning, i got up early to take my black labrador- percy- on his usual walk. dream decided it would be a good idea to accompany me, though i had no idea why.

"i thought you didn't even like percy," i told him once we made it out of the house.

"he's not as good as patches but i don't hate him," dream replied. he shoved his hands in his hoodie pocket and glanced back at the house. "actually i came because i need to talk to you."

"am i in trouble?" i asked.

"no, it's about nick, actually. i don't think he's all that happy about you having a boyfriend," he admitted.

i rolled my eyes at that and said, "nick doesn't get to choose who or if i date. and if he has a problem then he'll get over it."

"no no. hold on i'm saying this wrong," dream said before adding, "it's not because you have a boyfriend, i think it's because he didn't know anything about this guy. and i know it's because you couldn't talk to him while we were on the show, but i think he feels left out- if that's the right way to put it."

"i'll talk to him later," i said. "but he should know he's my best friend and that's not going to change."

"what about me?" dream pouted. the tension that had been there a few minutes ago was gone in the blink of an eye.

"you have your british man,"
i teased.

"just one more question," dream said suddenly.

"yes?"

"how does your boyfriend feel about you living with two single guys?" he asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

"it's never actually come up, i don't think. but if he has a problem, then oh well. i'm not moving out for a guy," i replied.

"good."

---------

"nick, are you ready to go?" i yelled from outside his bedroom door, knocking hard on it.

"i've been ready for ten minutes," nick said from behind me.

i jumped, not expecting him to be there, and turned around to smack his arm. "next time you sneak up on me, i won't hesitate to punch you."

"except you won't," nick scoffed.

"i hate you."

"you don't," he said.

"ugh," was all i said in return.

a few minutes later, we were on our way to the bowling alley, me driving because nick drives too slow.

"thalia, you're literally going seventy five in a fifty five, you speed demon," nick pointed out.

"i see no problem. you focus on the music, not my driving," i told him.

nick connected his phone to the car's bluetooth and put his playlist on shuffle. of course, i skipped through the songs until i found one that i liked.