Chapter Two: Family

Dawn

Dawn had tried to protest after Ace and Pandora escaped but Zeus, wary of what such rebellious views could do to some of the more open-minded Immortals around them, had Dawn arrested and taken into a small Temple.

Though, it had to be said, not without a rather copious amount of fighting from the young Goddess.

In the Temple, a somewhat distracted Zeus began droning on to Dawn about how if she could accept that her 'friends' were dangerous and power-hungry she would be set free.

"But carry on with this charade, you'll be stuck somewhere far worse than a Temple," warned Zeus, his distraction melting away as the anger blazed back into his electric blue eyes.

"Well I hope you've got a free cell... you'll need it," Dawn said stubbornly, her eyes determined and dark.

Dawn may not have known Ace nor Pandora for a long time, but she was not ready to see anything more happen to them. This wasn't just them anymore, this concerned everyone.

It was time for a change.

It was time for a rebellion.

><><><><

"If you don't want to end up thrown in Tartarus, you'll consider your next actions very carefully Goddess," spat Zeus, his cool rage bursting in the dying pools of his sunken eyes.

At the God's words, Dawn's father jumped in protest, his booming voice screaming outrage.

"You can't do that! You have no right!" exclaimed Vulcan, his dark eyes meeting Zeus' light blue ones before the ex-King of the Gods responded, in a cold, nonchalant fashion.

"I have every right. Your daughter broke the laws of the Godlands as did the other two."

"Oh really, and what law did they break? Can you tell me that?" Aphrodite demanded, looking painfully furious.

Many people may have thought that being the Goddess of Love Aphrodite would be sweet and gentle. Sweet, maybe but gentle? Only if she liked you.

While Dawn's father Vulcan had a fierce temper and a sharp mind he had passed onto his daughter- and he was certainly not one to be messed with either.

But above all, if there was one thing to be said about the both of them, it was that they were brilliant parents.

And they were not about to see their daughter go to Tartarus.

Not in a million centuries.

Something was up and they knew it.

"She was attempting to aid fugitives of the law- plain and simple. When we find her friends they will be going down to Tartarus too mark my words," Zeus said, cooly.

Dawn scoffed at this before she replied sarcastically, "Good luck catching them."

In response, Zeus looked smugly at Dawn and said. "Well, we already have a lead on Astrid-" Dawn interrupted at this point, looking at the Jotunn Iron chains round her wrists in a cool, bored fashion,

"Ace. Her. Name. Is. Ace."

Zeus looked miffed at being interrupted but continued, trying to brush it off.

"As I was saying we already have a lead on Astrid and I am confident they will be back any minute with the fugitive."

Dawn spoke once again with a chuckle, still looking at her chains but smiling slightly as Zeus turned to look at her,

"I never said good luck finding them, no... finding them is the easy part- it's catching them that will be hard."

Vulcan couldn't help smiling at how calmly his daughter was reacting to this situation as Zeus became and more visibly peeved, his glassy eyes narrowed.

"If you think people are going to stand by and follow your corrupt leadership you're deluded. If you follow Hades and Hel, war will break out. Now nobody wants that but if you insist on continuing with this charade then you will leave us no choice," Dawn said calmly, standing up to her full height, nearly face-to-face with Zeus, looking him straight in the cold blue eyes with a power blazing around her tall figure.

"Who is us?" the God asked with a raised eyebrow.

Dawn smiled, eyes narrowed and said as though it was a clear as day,

"The Rebels, the fugitives, whatever you want to call us."

"Oh I think you'll need more than 2 dysfunctional hooligans to start a rebellion you foolish little Goddess. I'll leave you three to say your goodbyes."

And, with that Zeus gestured to the Guards standing on either side of the door and they followed the God out, closing the door behind them.

"Right Dawn- we don't have much time we need to hurry," said Aphrodite suddenly, as she pulled a hair clip from behind her ear and unlocked Dawn's chains quick as a wink.

"What are you doing?! You'll get arrested too!" Dawn exclaimed, genuine shock painting her face.

"Listen Dawn, take this Crystal Cover, it'll get you out of here- we'll stay and distract them the best we can," Vulcan said, determinedly.

But, at his last reassurance, Dawn saw the merest flicker of fear in her father's eyes as he handed her the small crystalline sphere of the Crystal Cover.

"Go Dawn, please," Aphrodite said softly, smiling sadly at her daughter.

"But you should come with me-" began Dawn desperately, her eyes shining as Vulcan cut her off.

"We can't- too many people and it could easily malfunction."

"We could risk it-"

"We want you to be safe and away from here. We need to stay here, help you from here, we'll do our best to follow," Aphrodite finished, cupping her daughter's face in her hands before Vulcan took a step towards Dawn, putting his arm round Aphrodite as he did.

"Be careful, darling," The God of Volcanoes said lightly, looking back into the eyes that were reflections of his own.

"I will," said Dawn, choking up a little as she stared into her father's matching eyes.

"We love you." Vulcan said warmly as her parents hugged her. All the eyes in the room now sat misty with tears. "I love you too." Dawn said.

With that, the Goddess held the small crystalline sphere to her and closed her eyes.

Then, The Goddess of Light disappeared in a shower of blue and purple sparks, leaving her parents alone in the Temple.